8: Our final easy moments.

As the months passed, you grew, both physically and mentally.

You had gotten your weapon, 30 days after the Selection, due to the complexity of each chain. Your swordsmith, a timid young man who came with his apprentice, a bold and snobby teenage boy.

Kenji wore a simple blue haori and one of the more comical hyottoko masks, whereas Arata, the boy, wore an eccentric green haori, patterned with small leaves, and his mask, an exaggerated frown.

"I do hope the mace and axe are to your liking." Kenji bowed his head as they watched you unwrap your weapon. "If they are too heavy, let me know, and I will immediately alter them, Ma'am."

"If it's too heavy, I'll become stronger." You nodded. "I would hate to complain about your hard work."

"You better not!" Arata pointed a finger. "Since now we have two of your weird weapons to fix and make!"

"And I thank you for your hard work and patience." You bowed. "It's truly an honor."

"Hmph!" Arata huffed, beaming under his mask. "You're damn right!"

You rolled your eye, grabbed the chain, and lifted the mace, watching as the steel shifted from silver to a faint gold hue, skipping each second chain with a stained black. It softly shined, shifting in the sunlight with every change of your grasp.

"It's..beautiful." You muttered, bringing the chain closer to your view, noticing the carving in the axe. "Thank you both, so much."

"Do you like it? I hope you do. I hope the carving is up to your liking." Though Kenji's face was hidden, you could feel the grin radiating off of him. "I wasn't sure if it would fit you, but I spoke to Master Gyomei, and he said it was okay."

"I think 'Defender of people,' fits this well." You muttered, placing your weapon down and bowing, pressing your head against the floor. "Thank you for thinking of me."

"Well of course we have to think of you!" Arata rolled his eyes. "It's your weapon!"

"Right.." You sweatdropped.

"We'll pray for your survival." The swordsmiths stood. "Good luck, [Name.]"

"Stay safe, both of you." You nodded, raising your head from the floor, watching as they retreated from the house.

You smiled as they waved, with Kenji unconsciously guiding Arata with a hand on his back.

"How sweet," You whispered.

"[Name!]"

"AH!"

You jumped at the voice that yelled from the window, turning quickly as a familiar, flashy man sat on the windowsill.

"Uzui!"

"Get ready!" He grinned, sliding into the house. "Remember, I'm teaching you how to hide yourself!"

"Couldn't you have told me from the front door!? Why are you breaking into my room?!"

"This seemed like more fun! Plus, it was funny watching you flinch."

"I'll call Gyomei!"

"Please don't!"

"Then don't come into my room and scare me!"

____

Uzui and his wives, as you had met, were.. eccentric.

Uzui, the husband, of course, was cocky, annoyingly boisterous, and prideful, quoting himself as the 'god of festivals.'

'Freak. What kinda person thinks they're a god?'  You bit your tongue from calling him out on it.

He had the odd habit of picking you up and swinging you like a ragdoll.