2

I get changed into a navy blue swimsuit and put shorts and a baggy T-shirt over it. I put on flip flops, grab my car keys from a table and put them in my pocket. I run downstairs, drink smoothie in the kitchen and then go to the garden, where I grab my surfboard. My mom used to surf too, but after some time she didn't wanna do it anymore and when I was fifteen she gave her surfboard to me. I really like how it looks - it's light blue with pink hibicious on it.

I lean my surfboard in the pick up of my silver car. I start and drive through streets of our neigbourhood, where you won't find one regular house with family that is not rich. The truth is that it is harder to find real friends here, because most local children are just spoiled brats. Luckily, I found many friends in school.

I leave this rich neigbourhood and drive to another district. I stop in front of a white house with black fence, railing and window frames. I honk and a girl with blonde fluffy hair and blue eyes runs out the door and grabs a surfboard as well. Her surfboard is yellow with black details. She puts it next to mine.

"Hi Sofía," I greet when she opens the door of the car and throws a tote bag on the seat.

"Hi! I have a question..." she says.

"What is it?"

"May I drive today? I will have a car soon and I want to practice it properly. Wait, I think I've already told you about the car. So, may I?" she asks and smiles. I decide to let her: "Yeah, sure. But be careful!" And we switch places.

We talk about some random shit and I admire her colorful linen pants and orange bikini, then we turn on the music at a huge volume and sing. We're really enjoying the ride, apart from Sofía hitting a few barriers and almost people, when suddenly my phone rings that I've got a message:

Tom:
Breaking up with you was a mistake. I want you back. Please answer.

"Shit..." I whisper, staring at the text.

"What happened?" my friend asks me a little angrily because she had to stop singing.

"Tom texted me. He wants me back." I explain, "What do I do? I will never get back to him, you know what sucks? That I realized so late how bad a boyfriend he was!" I almost cream.

"Are you kidding me? Just ignore him." she says, not paying much attention to driving.

"But I have to. I'll just text him that we're  over, that's it," I calm down.

"Let me get this straight-"  she snaps, but she bumps into a dustbin on her way to parking lot near beach. Then we almost hit a wall, but she handles the situation and parks the car.

"Jeez, Sof! I told you to be careful! You almost got us into car crash! You are really getting a car soon?" I shout.

"Sorry. But we're alright, aren't we? That's important. Now listen." she says. I can't believe her, she just doesn't care about anything. She continues talking: "Have you forgotten how you called me almost every day that you can't handle it anymore? Or how you had to cancel your plans because he wouldn't let you go out? You need to realize this things, I know you loved him, but he's a bad boyfriend."

"Yeah, you're right. He probably wouldn't leave me alone because he'd want me to change my mind. I'll just ignore him." I sigh while scratching my hair. I do as I said and don't answer him.  I completely forget about him when enjoying the waves with Sofía the whole afternoon.

Time passes by and it's time to go home. I'm driving this time, for the sake of getting home without injury and also because Sofía is "tired" as she said. We are standing at an intersection, we have a red light. The light turns orange and then green. I'm starting but suddenly two motorbikes get in my way and I almost bump into them.