TAP AU - Haunted

ayeeee guess who's back with another au :D

and this time it's inspired by The Adam Project which I watched the other day bc Ryan and Walker are an iconic duo

lowkey I wish Ryan had been Hermes instead of Lin, don't get me wrong I love Lin, but he's supposed to be the god with the most demigod children at camp half-blood meaning he'd have to pull a lot of mortal women and tbh Lin just does not have that man-slut energy lmao.

ANYWAY MOVING ON FROM THAT LIL RANT

we're doing an au where Leo and Rebecca go back in time to defeat the followers of Kronos who are messing up the timeline with Kronos powers n shit and who should they bump into but fetus Leo :D should be interesting :) also in this au gaea and the giant war never happened, just kronos

When on the run from truancy officers, the smart thing would probably be to not run into your future self.

Unfortunately for Leo, his future self was determined to find him that day, and there was nothing to be done when there were people who were just as determined to find his future self.

He'd just made it back to the old abandoned movie theater where he'd been hiding out for the past week and a half. Leo prayed the truancy officers had no idea he'd been hiding out there. It was light-years better than the sewers. He really didn't want to go back to the sewers.

Leo locked the boarded-up door and switched the alarms he'd rigged by the box office to "at home." The alarms were let him know if the officers (or anyone else) ever found him. If they did, he could just escape out the back into the alley and over the fence. There was a bus terminal nearby, so he could just go there and hop on a bus out.

Leo dropped off the groceries he'd bought himself in the employees' break room. When he'd first set up camp here, there had been just a microwave, a toaster, and a broken mini-fridge. Since then, he'd started up a generator, fixed the fridge, and repurposed one of the popcorn machines as a makeshift stovetop so he could finally eat something other than Hot Pockets and instant ramen.

Tonight he planned to make some tacos. He threw the ground beef and shredded cheese he'd bought in the fridge and left the tortillas and seasoning on the counter in the grocery bag next to the microwave. Satisfied, he grabbed a fun-sized bag of chips and headed out to one of the theaters' projector rooms to pick out a movie.

They hadn't left many options behind, and Leo had spent most of the week watching the same half-dozen decade-old movies. He picked out the most appealing (and most recent): Iron Man. Leo liked Iron Man. He related a lot to Tony Stark, not just in the sense that he was a hopelessly misunderstood genius with a need to keep his hands busy with his latest inventions, but also in the sense that he used humor as a defense mechanism and could never show anyone his true feelings.

He turned on the projector, pulled up a chair, and dug his hand into his chip bag as "Back in Black" by AC/DC played over the opening shot of the Humvees rolling through the desert. It was relaxing. It almost felt normal.

Leo knew he couldn't hide out for long. He needed cash, and he couldn't keep pickpocketing. One of these days he'd get caught. Unfortunately, he couldn't exactly get a job either — that would just make him easier to find.

At the part where Obediah steals Tony's arc reactor, the alarm went off. Leo nearly jumped out of his skin and lunged forward to stop the movie. Then, for some reason, the alarm shut off just as quickly and suddenly as it had started. Leo frowned. He'd programmed the alarm. It wouldn't shut off on it's own; it functioned on a password only he knew.

He knew he should leave. He should grab his backpack and book it out of there. But he had to know what was up with the alarm. He grabbed a broom to use as a weapon and left the projector room. He moved quietly down the hallway, trying to avoid floorboards that he knew would creak and wincing when he forgot about the others that did. He heard the loud humming that he hadn't managed to rid the repurposed popcorn machine of quite yet. Someone had turned it on and was using it.