Prologue

Soulmates. To some the idea may sound silly or childish, but to you it was a fascinating concept. You've been infatuated with the idea since your mother told you about it years ago.

You were about 5 years old, sitting next to your mom who was really getting into her show. The only problem was that you had no idea what they were talking about, and why your mom always watched sappy shows.

"Mama, what's a soulmate?" You asked, lightly tugging on her sleeve.

She peeled her eyes off the program and smiled sweetly at the little tot. "That's a hard question to answer (f/n)," she paused, trying her best to think of a good definition.

"A soulmate is a very special person you'll meet in your life, someone you were born to meet and are destined to be with." She played with your hair and continued, "They're different from the other people you'll meet, you'll know they're different because of the feeling they give you inside. You'll just know when you meet them ."

Your mouth hung open in awe. "Woah that's so cool!! Did you know if Dad was your soulmate? How did you know?" You asked excitedly.

She nodded and smiled sadly, "The world was dark before I met him. He was like my light, and still is." She turned the program off and kissed your forehead. You looked at her confused, not quite understanding what she meant. Your mom just laughed.

"You'll understand one day my love." And with that she walked off into the kitchen.

You were older now-- 18 to be exact. Your mother had died when you were 12, since then you've been taking care of yourself. You moved into a small apartment in Tokyo to study abroad. You would be starting University soon, and it made you nervous.

You opened the glass doors that lead to your balcony and stepped outside, breathing in the cool night air. You leaned on the railing gazing up at the sky. You stood there pondering the mysteries of space and the idea of someone else out there until you came across a certain memory.

You exhaled and smiled slightly, wondering if your soulmate was out there somewhere too.

----------------------------------------------

I LIKE THIS PLOT MORE THAN MY OTHER STORY SO IM PROBABLY GOING TO WORK ON THIS ONE MORE THAN THE OTHER ONE

I'm really excited to start this one actually ah you'll meet Kaneki in the next chapter. It's halfway done so I'll probably post it today too aw yis get hyped.

Pls favorite and add to your libraries if you like it so far ;-; it would mean a lot to little ole' me. Thank you and happy reading!!