Chapter 7

Savannah walked out of her hospital room with her bags packed two days later. She erased all contact with Brian and made up her mind she would press charges if he came near her again. As she packed her bags and waited for Alisha to pick her up a surprising face showed up at her door. 

Matthew was shocked to see Savannah in the hospital. He had brought some flowers for one of his clients who was in the hospital. He thought he had the right room but accidentally came to Savannah's room.

She avoided his eyes making him overwhelmed seeing her like this. "Are you okay?" Matthew asked immediately zooming in on her bruised lips and eyes. "Who did this to you?" he demanded genuinely concerned about her welfare. 

"Are you stalking me? I don't know you so you need to back off," she pointed out grabbing her bags. "I am sorry if I came across too strong. I was looking for a client's room and accidentally stumbled in here," he said gently not wanting to upset her. 

"Apology accepted now you can kindly leave," she said. Matthew tried not to show his anger and outrage. He was beyond alarmed as to who would attack her this way.

"Did he do this to you?" Matthew asked still not budging. "What is your problem man?" Savannah folded her arms annoyed. She knew if this man knew her history with men he would run to the hills. "Look, this knight and shining armor is getting old. What happened to me is none of your business," she explained again.

"I know but I care and I know that is difficult for you to understand," he interjected. Savannah looked at him again seeing the kindness in his eyes. But most of the men she encountered her entire life wanted to be intimate.  It would take a lot more than casual conversation to convince her. 

"I was attacked because I walked away from a toxic and narcist man who wanted to continue to sleep with me. I am that kind of girl stranger. I sleep with men. I am far from innocent. Do you still want to play hero to the damsel in distress?" she challenged hoping he would see her as damaged goods and move on. 

Matthew was quiet for a split second contemplating what she revealed. He could tell she had a lot of buried hurt inside and did not value or know who she was. It was obvious Savannah thought all men were the same.

"We all have a past and I am not concerned about your past but what has happened to you now?" he said hoping to get through to her.

"Savannah, are you ready?"  Alisha asked as she entered the room surprised by the handsome man in her friend's room. "Yes, let's go," Savannah said heading out the door.

"Can I help you with your bags?" he asked not at all impacted by Savannah's need to ignore him. 

"I am Matthew," he said to Alisha extending his hand. Alisha nodded trying to figure out what was his connection to Savannah. 

"Can we go?" Savannah said a bit anxious to leave. Matthew helped with the bags not giving in to Savannah's protest. Matthew watched as the car drove away. Savannah seemed to be a handful however, he still wanted to know everything about her.