4|Influence

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Jamari 'Rome' Hayes| 23

📍Unknown

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this" Kaida says gripping tightly onto my hand as we walk the rocky path to where I was taking her.

After the brief call on the phone with her today, I didn't like the way she sounded so I told her to pack a bag and I was kidnapping her for the night.

Of course, she was hesitant at first and I didn't push but when my phone rang after 11 since night and she asked me to come get her, I didn't itch.

Now we were deep in the mountains at one of my cabins that I'd usually go to whenever I was laying low from the police or just wanted to clear my mind from the shit going on at home.

"I knew it, this is the part where you kill me and bury my body out here right" she says when we stop just outside the cabin and I laugh turning to look down at her.

Despite her statement, her eyes shined with freedom as she looked on and I couldn't help but want to keep her in this head space forever.

When I first laid eyes on her, I had no intention of getting close because I had my own personal hell to deal with but then the incident happened with the man at the club and I snapped.

I still didn't know why I killed him but I didn't like the thought of her being sad or hurt. Which is crazy because I haven't known her for more than a week.

"Wouldn't need fi carry yuh come suh far" I played along and she giggled, sending blood rushing to my hood.

I was high asf, having smoked 6 spliffs since day and usually I'd end a day like that buried deep inside someone's daughter but instead, I was here.

"Ha noted" she says holding my hand again to pull me forward.

Getting to the door, I unlocked it and allowed her to step in first. Checking my surroundings before closing the door behind me, I flick the lights on.

"Oh, well this wasn't what I was expecting" she says staring at the decor, "Wah you did expect?" I asked trailing behind her.

"Modern vibes I guess but I like this better" she says running her hands over the entryway table.

The vibes of the cabin was that of one you'd see in TV shows and I paid extra to have it set that way just to get a change from the setup of my house itself.

"Yuh did carry yuh swimsuit like I told you to?" I questioned walking up behind her and she nodded as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Gwan go change, mi have something fi show yuh" I tell her pointing to where the bathroom was.