Prologue: New Girl at School

Life at the Mobius High School was...chaotic. Not one student in school listens to the lectures. Not one student focused on their work. Except me.

Hi, I am Sonic Maurice. I'm like that one kid who sits in the corner quietly. I have three siblings: Tails Prower, Sonia Maurice, and Manic Maurice.

Tails is an inventor/scientist...guy. He's 8 years old, and he's adopted into our family. Sonia is a fashion diva, and spends HOURS at the mall. We try to help her out, but she says that we don't know fashion and ignores us. Manic is a trouble maker. He's a thief, that's all I'm gonna say.

Our mom is named Aleena Maurice. Our dad is named Jules Maurice. Aleena used to be a Queen, but she got thrown out by someone named Dr. Robotnik, who now rules our kingdom.

Mom has been trying to overthrow him, but sadly, she was beaten up every time she came home. So, we came here to the city of Green Hills.

Suddenly, Sonia interrupted my thoughts, hitting my head with the book she was reading earlier. "Ow! Sonia, what was that for?!" I asked. "You were daydreaming again." said Sonia, smirking. "I do not daydream! That's you!" I pointed out.

"You dare expose me?!" asked Sonia, getting close to my face. "Yes." I answered, pushing her away. "Fine! You win, little sister." teased Sonia. I groaned. She and Manic knew I hated being called little sister. But I was the youngest, so they were able to call me that.

"Shut up before I roast you for dinner." I threatened. "Alright, Sonic, that's far enough. We don't threaten each other." said Mom. "Aleena, the bus is here to pick up the kids." alerted Dad.

"Ok, Jules. Listen here, kids. Don't steal stuff," She looked at Manic. "Don't bribe others," she looked at Sonia. "And don't threaten people." she looked at me.

"Aleena, where is Tails?" asked Dad. "Coming, dad!" said Tails, coming down the stairs.

"Gonna make some friends today, sis?" asked Tails to me

"Gonna make some friends today, sis?" asked Tails to me. I stared into his bluebell eyes, silent. "I'm going to take that as a 'No.'" groaned Tails.

"No, no, Sonic! This will NOT be 4th grade repeating itself, you understand?! You will not be bullied. You will not be staying in the dark! You are making friends!" intersected Dad.

"Eggxactly, Jules." agreed Mom. We all stared at her in silence. "Mom, you should let Sonic do the jokes." said Sonia, pointing to me.

No matter how quiet I am, I'm the jokester in the family. When I feel like it, I play pranks on Sonia with Manic or...yeah, that's just about it. Other times I read a book in peace and quiet.

"I agree." said Mom, surrendering defeat. "Now, run along! You don't want to miss the bus!" she said. We packed our stuff and got onto the bus. I sat next to a pink-haired girl with green eyes

"Hi, there! Are you new? I'm Amelia Rose, but you can call me Amy

"Hi, there! Are you new? I'm Amelia Rose, but you can call me Amy." said Amy. "Uh, I am Sonic Maurice," I replied. "Sonic? Isn't that a boy name?" asked Amy. I shrugged. "Maybe, but I'm a girl, not a boy." I said.

Suddenly, the bus stopped. "What?" I asked. Amy smiled.

"It's them."