Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

A large building made of yellow sandstone stood on the outskirts of a moderately sized village. A man with a bristly moustache was slumped lazily behind a glass screen, only just allowing his eyes to open for people who wanted tickets for train rides. He took their fares - which were vastly overpriced - and gave them what they wanted, a single or a return.

Behind the train station was a fête, held on a plain of green grass that had usually been occupied by a plethora of animals. However, now there was many pop-up stalls. A farmer sold his locally-sourced goods on one, and a lady sold her homemade jam on another.

A man played his mouth organ, people cheered him on, beaming with joy. Children ran around, chasing each other. The bliss of childhood seemed to infect the air. Laughter and chatter hung in the air, a sense of happiness and excitement surrounded the townsfolk.

Unexpectedly, a vigorous guitar riff and powerful drum beat arose from the band on the wooden stage. This structure stood in a position so that all people could see and hear whoever presented on it. It seemed nobody had noticed the strange men in vibrant military costumes set up on stage, and with the start of their song they gained traction from everyone around them.

The bassist wore a sky blue suit, with a pink rope embellishment. The rhythm guitarist wore a lime green suit with an orange rope. The drummer wore a magenta suit with a blue embellishment. And finally, the lead guitarist wore a coral suit with a green embellishment.

"It was 20 years ago today,
Sergeant pepper taught the band to play.
They've been going in and out of style,
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile!
So may I introduce to you,
The act you've known for all these years -
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band!"

Everyone was in awe. Once again, the infamous Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band returned to the village.

It was a yearly tradition, but nobody ever knew when or where they would turn up to play. The village loved the men in their interesting uniforms, and their wonderful music that brought joy to everyone around.

Grandparents told the story of how the band formed. It went like this:

"After the First World War, a skilled man named Sergeant Pepper allowed a group of four boys to learn the tricks of how to be amazing musicians. So they did just that, and became what was taught. Now, they still spread their wonderful melodies to the town once a year."

They were talented indeed, and their songs put a spell on anyone who listened to them.

"We're Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band,
We hope you will enjoy the show.
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band,
Sit back and let the evening go!
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely, Sergeant Pepper's Lonely,
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band!"

Everyone cheered and clapped, the children ran up to the front of the stage, dancing around and falling into a fit of giggles.

"It's wonderful to be here,
It's certainly a thrill.
You're such a lovely audience,
We'd like to take you home with us,
We'd love to take you home!"

The bassist of the band winked at a young woman as he and another member sang these lyrics, resulting in her shyly laughing and hiding her face. They were a charming group of young men.

The song almost incorporated announcements, rather than clever lyrics.

"I don't really want to stop the show,
But I thought you might like to know...
That the singer's gonna sing a song,
And he wants you all to sing along!
So let me introduce to you,
The one and only Billy Shears!
Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Ba-and,
Yeah!"

As the first tune came to an end, everyone cheered as they were introduced to the drummer - Billy Shears - followed up by a song of his!

A/N:
Hii! I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. This is my first time writing anything on Wattpad really, so I am not the best. I tried to structure it as well as possible but since I tend to write in chunks it may be a lot to take in.

Please comment anything and vote! More hopefully coming soon <3