01; arrival

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Finally!" You whispered as you dragged yourself out of the taxi after an interminable car ride.

You had finally arrived a Teyvat University as one of the scholarship students. You had worked hard to get to this position and were excited to arrive at your dream university.

After you thanked the taxi driver and paid him, you stood up straight and took in a deep breath of the summer air. The scent of trees, flowers, and the slight aroma of food filled the air. As you observed your surroundings, you could hear the chatter of pupils all around as they carried on with their daily errands.

The university was humongous, with decorative pillars and a huge petal design in the center. You were a physics major who planned to be an astrophysicist. You were a huge fan of the stars and the universe and believed that it was a field that you would love to explore and excel in.

You lugged your suitcase inside the entrance of the academy and checked in with the school administrator and security. As soon as you received your dorm key, you quickly navigated your way through the never-ending hallways of the school and finally found your dorm.

As the door creaked open, you heard a loud squeal. Someone rushed up to you and held her hand out with an enthusiastic smile. "Hi! I'm Yoimiya! And I'm going to be your roommate this year!"

You let out a startled yelp, "AH!" - but you quickly regained your composure after the surprise and shook hands with her. "Nice to meet you! I'm [first name] [last name]."

The girl who introduced herself as Yoimiya had blonde hair that was cut roughly and unevenly and glimmering orange eyes. She radiated the energy of a very happy go-lucky person. "Are you my roommate this year?" she asked curiously.

"I suppose so, as this is meant to be my dorm..." you answered as you shut the door and entered the room.

"That's great! Welcome to your new dorm!" she smiled as she plopped herself on her bed.

The room was huge. Yoimiya had claimed the bed near the wardrobes and had already decorated her side of the room. Her desk was partly messy and she had hung vines above her bed.

You didn't say anything as you claimed the only other bed in the room - the one by the window. You headed towards your new bed and placed your suitcase down. As you looked out the window, you could see the charming scenery around the building. Trees stood tall and the air smelt like fresh grass. You could hear birds chirping and students chattering as they moved about.

"What's your first class for today?" Yoimiya asked, snapping you out of the trance the alluring view had placed upon you.

"Oh, um... I'm not sure. I have yet to check my schedule for today." you replied as you sat on your bed and pulled out your phone from your pocket. "Let me check..."