04; willow tree

After a few tries, you and Kazuha made it over the fence

After a few tries, you and Kazuha made it over the fence. He was the first one to climb over and then aided you to do the same. But you, being the clumsy person you are, tripped over your own legs in the process.

"Are you okay?" Kazuha lended you a hand.

You looked up at him and couldn't help but stare. Stare at the way his ivory-colored hair framed his face and how his crimson eyes gazed at you with concern.

"[name]? Are you alright?" his voice snapped you back to reality.

"Yeah! Sorry!" you exclaimed, ignoring his hand and picking yourself up from the ground. You didn't know why your heart was fluttering or why you couldn't look him in the eye. It was agonizing. Desperately trying to divert his attention from your staring, your mind scrambled, trying to come up with something to say. Fortunately, Kazuha himself provided the distraction.

"Let's go?" he questioned with a smile.

You nodded and followed Kazuha to the willow tree a couple hundred meters away from the fence. There was a small lake beside the tree, and you spotted ducks floating around in the still water of the lake. Daisies and sunflowers were blooming around the rim of the lake and the willow tree's branches swayed in the gentle breeze.

 Daisies and sunflowers were blooming around the rim of the lake and the willow tree's branches swayed in the gentle breeze

(just a little pic to imagine how it looks like <3)

"Where do you think it could be hidden?" you asked as you both approached the willow tree and kneeled down. "What did the haiku say again?"

Kazuha kneeled down next to you and fished a small paper note out of his pant pocket. He showed it to you. "It says the clue is 'beneath its branches and gaze'. Do you think it suggests it's buried in the ground?"

"Maybe..." you brought your hand up to your chin and pondered, trying to think of anywhere else the clue might be hidden from sight. "What if..." you got up and started to walk in circles around the trunk of the tree, having a gut feeling it might be hidden there.

You spotted a small hole in the bark of the tree, it was barely noticeable - but you'd spotted it due to your observant gaze. "Hey Kazuha!" you exclaimed, gesturing for him to come over. "What if the clue's hidden in here?"