Part 1?

...

"Come on, one more strike..."

Striking on the terrorizing dark monster for the last time, the giant eye shaped non-human being gave out a screech before vanishing away as a defeat. The mortal-ghost watched the last shadows fleeing from the walls and bookshelves. The room got quiet after that, no more evil spirits screaming...

'That's the last one guess?... I should leave now-' When he was attempting to the door, a sudden creaking broke the silence, making the ghost turn around. 'Huh?... There are still some more left?... Nobody seems to be in sight, odd...' Grabbing the bat's edge, once more, he prepared for any sudden attacks that may accour...

He flinched, feeling someone's presence close by...

Just then an anonymous hand landed on his shoulder, with a quick reflex, swong the bat towards that direction in the darkness with all his might, only to hear a familiar voice among the shadows.

"F###, WATCH WHERE YOU'RE SWINGING THAT TO!"

"O-Oh Charlie?! You're the one who scared the crap out of me! I thought you were another one of those monsters..."

"Really? Is it my fault that I'm this dark? Or is it that you need to your eyesight checked?" The dark ghost glared at the other as he frowned to show his annoyance. "Um... Sorry about that, you're alright Charlie?"

Charlie rolled eyes as Eugene put up a smile nervously. "Sh1t no thanks Glasses, nevermind... So I see you've dealt with your side, took you long enough but whatever. That should be enough for today."

"Yep, though... You sure they won't be coming back?"

"I don't think the monsters are that dumb to attack directly anytime soon. Even if they will, I wouldn't mind to do some more beating..."

"Alright... That's enough for now I guess..."

After the talk with the library owners, the two headed their way to the office. Their silence lasted for while, so much for Charlie that he started to feel bored; thinking of a topic to start a convo, so that he could grumble about everything. Surprisingly, Eugene was the one acted early to break the silence.

"By the way... Charlie can I ask you about something?"

"Huh? What would be that be?"

"Well... I've realized that, you've never spoke much about your past so... I've always wanted to know, and also what in your life has caused you so much trauma that made you turn to a vengeful spirit... I guess since you got most of your memory back, can you tell me about it?"

"..." Charlie kept quiet, thinking about his past self again. Waiting for some time for the ghost to give an answer, Eugene waited patiantly. Seeing he isn't uttering a word, the mortal come to a conclusion that he wasn't gonna say anything, at least not for now.

"Alright then... If you're not ready to share your memories yet, it's Ok... I want to listen your burdens, and promise I won't judge you no matter what. Just think about it 'Kay?"

"Uh-huh, suuureeee..."

...

Finally back at the train station, the two made it to the office. Though... Something felt strange... The air around them had a strange aurora, making Eugene feeling dizzy. Their head had started aching so sudden, he looked back at Charlie to see he was struggling with the same situation...