Chapter 21

I opened my eyes hearing a buzzing sound which was my phone vibrating on my bed. I looked at my phone and saw Drew's name calling me making my face instantly light up. I leaned up and rubbed my eyes making sure I sounded somewhat awake then answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said then clearing up my throat.
"Good morning," Drew said laughing. She could tell I just woke up.
"Good morning. What's up?"
"Nothing much just thinking about how we are now officially together."
I blushed when Drew said that and said, "I've been thinking about it all night and in my dreams too."
"Wow even in your dreams? You haven't fallen deep in love with me have you?" Drew said sarcastically.
"Get over yourself," I said as I rolled my eyes.
"You know I'm joking but I'm happy we're dating."
It is crazy to think my first relationship is happening with a beautiful British woman who is out of my league but I wouldn't want to have it with anyone else.
"Me too," I said before talking a bit more about what we are doing today and when we're going to tell people about our relationship. I already know that I'm telling Dylan today and my family. They deserve to know as soon as possible and of course, I'll most likely tell Vic in person.

I got out of bed pretty late around 10 am so I was rushing when I was getting dressed and eating breakfast. Today was Arsenal vs Man United at the Emirates Stadium and with a sold-out crowd! I was so excited for the girls and of course for women's football in general. It just gets bigger and bigger and grows every day. Vic's been talking about the sold-out crowd for days and I can't blame her because I would be just as excited playing in front of 60,000-plus fans. Her excitement makes me happy and I love it when she's like this because it shows her passion for football.

I arrived at Emirates Stadium and saw so many fans walking around the stadium wearing red and white. The backs of their shirts showed numbers 21, 9, 11, 6, 10, etc. worn by adults, teenagers, and even little boys and girls. It was something that felt unreal like a dream but it was real life right in front of me.

I went to my spot on the field setting up my camera equipment and waiting for the match to start. Then the players came out of the tunnel and the stadium erupted with fans chanting and screaming. A few minutes later the players were in their positions to start the match and then a few seconds later the whistle blew. The first few minutes were shaky for Arsenal but when the 10th minute came Arsenal was given a corner kick. Katie kicked the ball from the corner coming low to Manchester United defenders and then hitting the leg of a Manchester United player putting the ball past Mary Earps and into the net. Arsenal have a goal! 1-0 for The Arsenal! After more battling with Man United trying to score and them trying to score on Arsenal we get near their box and as we almost score a defender hits the ball with their head towards Chloe Lacasse leading her to hit the ball with her head into the United net! The crowd went crazy as we had another goal and as Chloe came running to the corner of Man United fans she gave a memorable celebration putting her hand around her ears and sticking her tongue out. I took multiple shots of her celebrating knowing this picture will be going everywhere online. Nine minutes later Arsenal was awarded a penalty and the one and only captain little went to the penalty spot. The crowd was silent for a second but as Kim shot the ball left and the keeper went right the silence left right away. Every fan was on their feet and you could hear nothing but screams and cheers. Sadly we couldn't have a clean sheet today due to Man United scoring in the last minute. The game ended 3-1 and it was a day to celebrate for everyone Arsenal fan and women's football.

As I always do I went on the field after the match ended and the Arsenal players were celebrating with the fans who hadn't left. I captured every moment I could with my disposable camera of the players and fans celebrating together. I then saw Vic walking towards me with the cheesiest smile I've ever seen on her face. I couldn't help but smile just as big as hers. Everything about her smile was contagious.

"What a game," I said responding to her smile.
"What. A. Game," she said back as she put her hands on her head showing how in awe she was of what happened today.
I took a quick picture of her in that position then put my camera back down.
"This is crazy," I said as I looked up at the stadium with fans still chanting.
Vic was now in front of me making me look at her.
"It is," she said as I was still looking at her.
I never noticed her eyes were hazel until now. I guess I just never paid too much attention to them. They're beautiful though. She then looked at me and now we were both admiring each other's eyes. I wasn't sure what to do because we were just staring at each other and I felt other people staring at us.

"I'm dating Drew now," I blurted out.
It was the first thing that came to my mind.
Vic's face looked confused about what I said and surprised at the same time.
"Really?"
"Yeah. I asked her yesterday and we're dating now."
Vic didn't say anything for a second but then answered saying, "Congrats."
Her big smile faded into a little one. Maybe right now wasn't the right time to tell her that.
"Sorry. This is your moment, not mine. Enjoy it," I said pushing Vic to go celebrate with her friends.
"Thanks," she said leaving me and going back to the other players.

After the match, I went to hang out with Drew at her place. Since we're together I'm guessing we're going to see more of each other. I get it now when people say when the relationship first starts you want to spend time with that person all the time. That's exactly how I feel about Drew.

We were on the couch snuggled up beside each other watching a Marvel movie. I made Drew start the whole MCU timeline and at first, she didn't want to but I'm sure she's pretty into it now. I could tell she was really into the movie but for some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about Vic and what happened after the match between us. I don't know if I upset her or if I said something wrong but lately, I feel like I upset her every once in a while. Whenever there's something up with Vic I can't seem to stop thinking about it.

"What's on your mind?" Drew asked me making me focus on her.
I shook my head saying, "Nothing," smiling to hide what I was feeling.
"Okay," she facing her head back to the tv.
I changed the subject saying, "So we're dating. What do we do now?"
"I forgot you've never been in a relationship before," Drew said laughing.
"Hey!"
"I'm sorry I'm sorry," she said quickly.
"But could just do what we do know. Spend time with each other and talk about whatever. We don't have to do that other stuff if you don't want to. We can take it slow," Drew said.
"We could but I know you're dying to make out with me right now," I said pulling her close to me.
"Yeah... I am. But only if you want."
"I do."
"Are you sure," she said being inches apart from me.
"Yes."

I wanted my mind to be somewhere else and not thinking about Vic 24/7. Making out with Drew helped and I didn't mind it. I don't know if we were going too fast but I didn't care. I just wanted to not think in that moment.

Authors note:

Hello readers! I wasn't sure what to write today so this chapter wasn't my best but let me know either way what you thought of it:)