✿ : familiar.

[ EDO PERIOD]

It has been some time since Tomoe left. He was so injured but I am happy he was healed .He isn't what he shows to people. Inside he is just a soft hearted person but he thinks showing it will make him weak.

He shouldn't feel this way. I am still walking the river. That place has been my favourite since then. Tomoe is all i could think about.

I reached the river and suddenly i tripped on one of the pebbles. I was wearing a short kimono that was above my knees. And now my knees are scratched. The blood is dropping as its plain water.

I limped to the river bank and was about to take a handful of water but someone's hand stopped mine. I looked in the direction and it was none other than TOMOE.

I smiled at him and asked , " So how are you now ? Is your wound completely healed?" He just nodded and bent down to reach my level.

He poured some water on my knee to remove the excess blood. He took some leaves out from his pocket and placed it on. my wound. He snapped two fingers and a bandage appeared in his hand.

He used the bandage to cover up my wound. But all i could do was stare at him. " T-thank you" was all that left my mouth.

He makes me so nervous I dont know what to do. I looked at his direction and saw him staring at me.

I stood up and threw my arm around his neck. " Really really thank you ,tomoe"

" Hey human , how dare you touch me ? " he said annoyed but i just smiled at him. I started walking trying to go home but i feel down due to my wound.

He sighed, " Stupid Humans" He reached me as he put his ome hand below my knees and another behind my neck and pulled me up in his arms.

He took the same shortcut that I took when he was injured. He was walking with me in his arms.

" Are you tired? I am very heavy i know" I said because i know how that table broke when I stood up on it.

" No you are very light , I can't even feel you." he said as I wrapped my both arms around his neck. He kinda gulped very hard , i could feel that.

There was this hair that continuously came on his face. I used my two fingers and traced those hairs and slided them to back of his ear.

" H-hey h-human what are you doing ? " He asked flustered.

" Nothing i am pretty sure these hairs bothered you " I said as we finally reachedy house and he carried me to inside. He put me down on a cushion and just left

HE LEFT? WITHOUT EVEN STAYING WITH ME WOWWW. I felt kinda bad since he didn't stay.

tomoe's pov-

She is just a human. She is just a human. She is just a human.She is just a human.She is just a human.
She is just a human.She is just a human.She is just a human.

I kept repeating this in my mind.
What was that feeling when she touched my face to remove those hair. I am breathing so heaving , " curse you human"

_______________________

[present]

That stupid fox was cooking while i was reading my favourite comic book. Suddenly he came in my room and asked , " is mikage back ? why am i sensing his mark? "

" oh that golden mark? he kissed my forehead and told me he entrusts the shrine to me for sometime-" i replied. Suddenly there was an awkward silence between us for almost 20 seconds

" Whattt ? so you are telling me this now ? " he said.

" i didn't know if it was that problematic for you" i said as he frowned. After some seconds he became the most happiest person.

" since mikage isnt here that means i am not your familiar , goodbye i am leaving. " tomoe said and suddenly anxiety rushed in my body.

" where are you going? " i asked.

" to the world over yonders" he said and with that he left.

The shrine spirits tried to stop him but he didn't. Stupid fox.

" So what is this world over yonders place ?" i asked the shrine spirits.

" The Land Over Yonder is an alternate world where Yokai meet and do everyday things such as shop and such. " Kotetsu said.

" and how do we get there ? " I asked them

" Lady nanami , you must follow us" onikri said as i followed them

With time we reached a dark place, something was off about this place.
We were walking when the shrine spirits stopped at a house.

We went inside the house and saw many girls flirting with tomoe while he had this boring expression on face.

" wait you two didn't tell me how i am gonna make him my familiar ? " i asked as i completely forgot about it.

" Simply you just have to kuss master tomoe " onikiri said.

" on lips " kotetsu finished

"W-what are you saying? " I suddenly got flustered at this thought.

Tomoe noticed us and smirked. " so what are you doing here , human ? i could literally kill you here. "

" i- i mean- i am- " the words didn't left my mouth i was flustered while he was still in the same position.

Onikiri and kotetsu suddenly pushed me making me fall on tomoe, as his eyes widened and so did mine. I balanced my body with hands creating a fine gap between us.

The shrine spirits jumped on my back ,making me lose my balance and glueing my body to tomoe's and attach my lips to his.

Our eyes popped out of the socket, when we reakised what just happened.

Onikiri and kotetsu stood up , and i suddenly got up following them and ran out of the door flustered.

I touched my cheeks to feel the warm sensation. While walking I didn't realise how far I had come. It was a forest. Damn this place is quite scary.