✧༻♡︎𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 𝒪𝓃ℯ♡︎༺✧

copia rushed through the ministry, dodging busy siblings of sin and rowdy ghouls in an attempt to arrive to his meeting with his new assistant on time. he held his crimson biretta on his head as his matching cassocks cascaded behind him, leaving a trail of whispering sibling and ghouls alike in his wake.

he arrived in front of his office's heavy oak door and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm his nerves before walking in with a warm smile to greet his new assistant. he was determined not to mess it up this time, planning out each word and action carefully.

"ah, greetings sorella! my apologies for keeping you waiting colomba mia"

he smiled softly as he spoke, taking a seat infront of the girl. she really was bella, shiny black hair draped over her shoulders under her neatly put on headpiece.

"so, sister bella is it?"

he asked warmly and outstretched his hand to her which she took gratefully in her own hands. he was glad for the leather gloves concealing his clammy hands, although disappointed that his favorites, the ones with grucifixes adorning the back, were being cleaned at the moment, leaving him with his plain black ones.

"yes, it's nice to meet you officially cardinal"

bella smiled softly, her gentle nature making copia grateful he hadn't gotten stuck with another loud, rowdy sibling.

"it's wonderful to meet you too sorella, it'll be an honor having you as my assistant, sono sicuro."

the cardinals nerves began to ease as he talked to the girl, asking her simple questions that are always asked of siblings receiving new positions. why have you chosen this position, how many hours a week are you willing to work, all the usual questions asked in an interview like this one.

"so, i know this one is seemingly very eh... pointless, but it's ok the list so i must ask - what's you're favorite food?"

copia asked with a soft, amused smile, awaiting bella's response, intrigued when he saw a slightly embarrassed look color her elegant features.

"well, i don't really have one, i suppose... i like sushi and alfredo though"

she gave a soft smile and a shrug which made copia chuckle softly, though he didn't know what was so funny. he noted down her answer and realized that was the last question.

"you're free to go, caro ghuleh"

he smiled softly and stood with a soft bow before going to open the door for the girl as she exited with a wave goodbye and a smile. she seemed like a good fit to be copias assistant, the kind of person he could even possibly make friends with. they were almost the same age, bella being 27 and copia being 28 and she'd noted that she enjoyed the company of animals.

copias last assistant, sister emerald had been startled off by his rats, but he wasn't very upset by it since she often liked to take baths in his tub while he was on tour. he hated coming back to see all his previously full soaps half empty and all his bath towels dirty, not even placed in the hamper.

besides emerald, copia was sad to see the other siblings go. though most of them were just moved up to a higher paying job in the ministry, he still blamed himself, fixing little things he decided were the problem.

after tidying his office and putting chairs from the interview back where they belonged, he went to his room and relieved himself of his pesky cassocks, changing into his black, fuzzy pajama pants and a sweater and turning off the big light, replacing it with the warm light of a black lace-adorned lamp and his beloved fairy lights and picking up where he left off on Stephen King's Pet Semetary.