𝟏- 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

"𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦"

Coles POV

   I hung up on Tate to call her best friend, Taylor, who was out getting groceries at that moment.

       "Hello?" Taylor's voice echoed from the phone.

       "Tay, I-it's Tate. S-she passed out o-on the call," I was crying at this point.

       "Okay okay, take a deep breath. I just left the house, so I'm turning around now. I was supposed to get groceries, Livie's not home. Gosh, I feel so bad for telling Olivia to leave," Taylor's voice calmed me down after a minute. It pained me to see Tay blame herself for no one being home.

       "It's not your fault, okay? My planes leaving soon, so I'll see you after. Update me on her please?" My voice begged, to which Taylor agreed with. As I hung up, I waited till the plane was up in the air before putting in my AirPods for music. After wiping my tears, I decided to take a short nap.

10 hours later, at the hospital

      "She'll be okay Coley. She always pushes through this," Jack Hughes had his arm around Cole, whose eyes were red and puffy from crying. They had just received the news that the reason she had passed out was due to the lack of food and nutrients that she had from the last couple days. She had lost so much weight, and was under her normal . The Hughes family was down visiting Quinn in Calgary as they were playing tomorrow night. Tate and the Caufields had grown up with them, so they were like second family. Her bedside table had cards and flowers littered all over the top.

"I sure hope so," Cole muttered. "I can't lose her. She's the most important thing to me, more than hockey."

"She means a lot to us too. You guys are like two more children to me and Jim. Guys, how about we let Cole be alone with her for a bit?" Ellen suggested. As the crew left, Luke turned around at the last minute and stayed, resting his hand on Cole's shoulder.

"She'll push through this. Let me know if you need anything, okay? You and Tate are family, and mom and dad adore both of you," Luke whispered, loud enough for Cole to hear. Cole looked up, making eye contact with Luke. Cole stood up and hugged Luke.

"Thank you. Please stay, I know she would want you too," Cole muttered into Luke's shoulder. Luke rubbed Cole's back, his sniffles ceasing and his breathing becoming more normal.

"Cole, you should know that if I need to, I'll drop hockey at Michigan, take all of my classes online, just to be with her." Luke muttered to himself, and Cole perked his head up.

"No no no, I can't ask you to do that," Cole begged Luke.

"You know I would, everyone knows." Luke continued to pester Cole, as a younger brother does.

        "I know you would, but I don't want you to. You still have an NHL career ahead of you. You're still so young," Cole tried to reason with Luke, but he wasn't having it.

       "Cole, I'm your sisters age. Oh, and you should know that I called my coach and told him I was taking two weeks off for personal reasons. Those personal reasons is Tate and her health. I can stay with her as both Olivia and Taylor have to leave," Luke proposed the idea of him staying with her as Olivia and Tate would be going back to their hometowns in the United States.

"Are you sure about this?" Cole was on the verge of letting him, but he was hesitant.

        "I'm sure Cole," Cole looked at Luke, smiling.

         "Thank you for doing this Luke. Take care of Tate for me, will ya? Please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, and I'll be on the next plane out," Cole patted Luke's shoulder, softly smiling. Luke returned the smile, knowing this was going to be an interesting two weeks for him.