Reaction Chapter 3: A Different Kiyotaka

A. Honami's POV

It's our universe next.

Frankly, I was excited for what was going to happen. The other two universes have been entertaining so far, and seeing our own would be just as exciting as well.

"And now, for the last prologue, it's time for New Game+ to shine!"

Now I'll see what this universe is all about. Frankly, I am quite excited about it. - Dad (COTE)

This universe is going to be crazy. So many crossover characters! - Kira

Fufu, this universe is quite curious, I wonder what's in store... - Auntie Arisu (COTE)

"I wonder what they're going to show first, Honami-nee-san." Suzuki said.

"They will definitely show the day we time traveled first." I answered, and he nodded.

"You mean the visit to the White Room ruins?" he replied.

"Yeah."

"This prologue is actually divided into two parts! This first part is titled "Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's Soliloquy.""

"Oh! That is fascinating!" Kira-san loudly remarked.

"And why is that, Kira-kun?" Auntie Arisu from MR universe asked.

"You see, almost every volume of the Classroom of the Elite light novel starts with a character's soliloquy, detailing their thoughts and feelings. I can't really tell you which of you gets one, but yeah, this will be incredibly interesting!"

Everyone paid attention at the screen. After everything that was hinted at between the previous two universes, everyone is curious as to what Dad actually thinks about.

"Let's begin the first part!"

*****
I wonder what the sky looks like.

"Oof, we're starting off heavy." - Kira

"What does that even mean...?"- Horikita (COTE)

I sighed sadly at that line. Even if Dad was okay now, he was definitely broken by the White Room.

That's a question all of us in the White Room have asked at some point. - Shiro

Ever since I've read about the sky when I was in the White Room, I always wanted to know what it looked like. I always wondered how large and expansive it truly was compared to the confines of the space I had always been in.

I've also wondered why I always wanted to see the sky. I know what it is and what it contains. The vast and empty cosmos that houses many stars. Yet somehow, I still wanted to see it. It's why I always subconsciously look up when I was in that place, only to see the same white ceiling every time.

Ayanokouji-kun... has never seen the sky before? - Ichinose (COTE)

This White Room place is... truly horrible. - Horikita (COTE)

"What the hell happened to you... Ayanokouji...?" - Sudou (COTE)

"This is so sad..." - Hiyori (COTE)

I've always thought that the reason was because the sky symbolized the one thing I never had.

Freedom.

No matter how much knowledge, skill, and wisdom I acquire, I was never free. I never once thought of it as a bad thing before. I had just been used to the life being contained inside that place, learning, fighting, and completing my tasks as I always have. There was no reason to desire the outside world, so why should I? It was only simple curiosity that made me want to ask that question.