[Ch-1] Heaven? Or Hell

Wang Lei was a 21-year-old man who was tired of living. His way of life was utterly miserable. As a result, he made the decision to stop living one day. And with that, he managed to hang himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------

He awoke to discover himself in an extremely bright environment.

"Aghh...where am i ?"

He made an effort to glance around, but his eyesight remained foggy. However, he observed what appeared to be a golden portal in front of him. He suddenly noticed someone coming towards him.

The voice of a woman said, "Wang Lei. Here at the Golden Gateway, welcome. I am your guide. You will go to paradise or hell based on my decision. So kindly cooperate. I realize it seems impossible, but have faith in me. Please take a moment to honestly respond to each of my questions. We'll figure it out quickly even if you lie."

He gave a nod and then the woman began to query.

"First off, how did you pass away?" she said, taking a pen and paper in her hand.

"I was tired of everything. I killed myself, basically."

"Oh, very tragic. The second query is, do you believe that what you did was right?" she asked, while writing something on the page in her hand.

The response to her query was, "Yes. In my opinion, the world is too brutal. Nobody would choose to reside in such a setting. Every person lacks sympathy." Lei ad an almost disgusted expression, without really realising it himself.

The woman nodded. "I see... The final and third query now. Are you content with your actions at this moment ?"

"I believe yes, being dead is preferable to being alive and interacting with others." He wasn't lying. He didn't regret killing himself one bit.

"Okay, thank you for answering my questions. Now hold my hand for a second."

Lei followed the instruction. All of a sudden, he felt as though everything was moving, except them. Also, REALLY fast.

Then it stopped.

They were both now in a dark area. The floor, which was made entirely of fire, was the only thing that was glowing. He was able to casually step on the floor made fully of fire.

"That will be it. Please attempt to get used to your new surroundings. Most importantly, make an effort to get along with everyone here and avoid picking arguments." Saying this, his guide vanished.

------------------------

He took a glance around this strange new environment.

"This has to be Hell, I would never be able to enter Heaven." he thought aloud.

"Avoid saying that. You know, this might also be heaven. Never judge a book by its cover." a deep voice replied from behind.

"Maybe -- wait, who are you, exactly?" When he turned around, he saw a tall man with bluish hair with a little purple tint to it, who appeared to be his age.

"Hi. You must be the new person that everyone is mentioning..? And well, hell is not as bad as you think."

"Everyone is mentioning me? It's not possible. Most likely someone else." Lei shrugged.

"What's your name, then?" the man asked, tilting his head curiously.

"I'm Wang Lei. You?" he looked back at the man with the same amount of curiosity.
The man looked down for a while, but then back up again, smiling casually. "That's a secret."