4: One Way or Another

~Hey Lovelies. I apologize for the wait, but here is the next chapter. I'm trying to get better with my updates. I know I keep saying that, but I really am. I work two jobs so it's hard sometimes. I'm going to try to update twice a month if not once a week. I've got a few extra chapters already written. Fingers crossed. I hope you all enjoy. Don't forget to comment, because I love reading your feedback  

Alijah woke with a start.Sitting straight up in bed she was sweating bullets, and herbreathing was erratic. That however, was not what had her main focus.No, her focus was on the wetness between her thighs and the personthat had caused it to be there. The sexy man who was probably layingsound asleep in his bed at the moment just down the hall.

She picked up her phone andchecked the time, noting that it was just after midnight. After she'dloaded the dishes into the dishwasher, she'd retreated to her roomand showered before settling into bed for the night. That had barelybeen over two hours ago. Taking a deep breath, Alijah flung thecovers from her body and got out of bed.

Going into the bathroom, shestarted the shower and turned the temperature to cold. Her body wasover heated and she needed to cool off if she had any intentions ofbeing able to go back to bed. She needed to get at least a few morehours of sleep. It was Friday and she'd learned from some of theother people that worked on her floor, that Friday was just as busy,if not more so than Monday.

Stripping out of her nightclothes, she stepped into the shower. The cold water instantlyhelping lower the temperature of her flaming skin. She knew sheneeded to get a hold of herself. She had only been working for theman for three days and already she was having wet dreams about him.

She had to get herself undercontrol. She was meant to be working for the man as his assistant.Not another woman getting all hot and bothered over him. In herdefense, however, he was wet dream worthy. The man had a body andface that could make any woman catch a heat stroke.

Alijah shook her head as shebegan to wash her body. She needed to stop thinking of such things.Her focus was work. She would work and save as much as possible andthen began to pursue her dreams. She would be getting paid tomorrowand she planned on buying some canvases and paints. Her room waslarge enough for her to section off a small spot for an easel and hersupplies. She'd also left a few selves in her closet empty to storeher pieces.

After her cold shower, shestepped out and wrapped a towel around herself. She dried off andslid on a pair of blue cotton panties and a tank top. Climbing backinto bed she turned off her bedside lamp and stared blankly into thedark. It was a while before sleep finally overtook her, but when itdid she was grateful.

Alijah's alarm woke her atfive as it had every other morning. After making her bed, she pulledher yoga mat from underneath it and engaged in her thirty minuteroutine. She did yoga three times a week and cardio workouts twice aweek. She hadn't been able to do her cardio recently, however. Sheneeded to find a gym close by.

After her brief yoga session,she rolled her mat back up and put it away before making her way intothe kitchen. She washed her hands before deciding on French toast forbreakfast. Taking, the eggs from the refrigerator and the bread fromthe counter, she went about preparing the toast. As she put the lastpiece on, she started Mr. Cayman's cup of coffee.

Alijah had just finishedplating the food and had started making her tea when he came and satat the bar. He was fully dressed as always. Taking her usual seat twodown from him, they ate in silence. It was a little after six whenthey'd finished eating and she'd loaded the dishes into the dishwasher.

Going into her bedroom shedecided to put on a mauve pencil skirt, with matching shoes andearrings, a black shirt with loose sleeves at the wrists. She added anecklace and grabbed her tablet and both phones placing them in herblack purse. She had allowed her natural curls to draw up the nightbefore in the shower, so she simply finger combed them.