2.

A D E L I N E ' S
P O V
______________

The closed curtain is penetrated by the morning and disrupts me from continuing my sleep. I cast my gaze around my room and glower over my once-shut door being wide open. I let out a sigh and stood up to close the door but before I could do so, Phoebe intervened by pushing it back open.

"Come to the kitchen, we're going to make breakfast."

"Who's in the kitchen?" I have yet already formulated an idea of who it may be. I hope for it to be other friends rather than Julien.

"Just Lucy and Julien."

I let out a deep groan of frustration. The mere thought of encountering Julien at such early hours, made me feel weary. I didn't want to repeat failed attempts to talk to her.

Phoebe pinches my arm and invokes me to yelp. "Stop being a brat, you need to make amends with Julien before we're all stuck in a hotel for a week."

Hearing Phoebe mention an entirety of a week questions my willingness to bide with all of them; Julien unsettling my nerves, Phoebe constantly testing me and Lucy being the angel that she is never pests. The choice of staying home with comfort prevails.

"Do I have to go to Nashville with you guys?"

Phoebe walks briskly towards the door and slams it shut with force. She turns around to face me, planting her hands firmly on her hips.

"You're really not coming with me just because of Julien?" Her demands become more assertive as the door isolates the sound from seeping into where the rest of her friends are.

"I'd like for you to join, Elle. I know Lucy and Julien want you to come."

To evade the possibility of this discussion escalating, I give in to what she wants to hear, "Yeah, whatever."

Phoebe lightens up and tugs my hand to follow her out of the room. I pursue behind her and we meet with everyone else. Lucy and Julien were deep into conversation but came to an end once upon our arrival. I directly share eye contact with Julien yet she rashly changes her focus on Phoebe.

"Do you have any pancake batter?" Julien questions and commences her search through cabinets.

"Uh, Elle is usually in charge of grocery shopping so," Phoebe darts a look at me while everyone else follows right after.

"Have you checked the pantry?" I ask as I couldn't remember the last time I bought pancake mix.

Lucy walks into the pantry and comes out empty-handed with a subtle head shake, "Julien, do you think you can go to the store and pick some up?"

"Sure." Julien collects her keys from the counter but is yanked back from making any further movements by Phoebe. She ejects a stare and points at me,

"Can you chaperone Julien? She might need help to reach the shelves." Phoebe chuckles while Lucy joins the ovation between the two.

I'm startled by Phoebe's doing and her reaction only infuriates me more. I quickly shun my irritation and plaster an artificial smile.

"Fuck you guys." Julien laughs it off and I decompress once I speculate the idea of accompanying her was also a joke. It wasn't a couple of steps before she turned to face me, scanning me up and down, "Are you coming or not?"