3.

A D E L I N E ' S
P O V
______________

It hasn't been even 10 minutes since we started sitting in complete silence. She never took her eyes off the road and had her hands firmly clutched on the steering wheel. The absence of sound bothered me and I urged to engage in conversation to break the stillness.

"So, do you like Nashville?"

"Nashville is..." before Julien can finish her description of the city, she focuses on stationing the car into a parking slot, "We're here."

As she turns off the engine, I follow her lead and step out of the car. We both step onto the pavement and make our way towards the supermarket. The cool afternoon breeze brushes against our skin while walking side by side.

Once we make it inside, Julien doesn't waste a second to grab a basket and pass through each aisle. My pace only quickened by how she endeavored to find the pancake mix.

"You'll like Nashville, trust me." She gives me a slight smile when turning to face me.

I was taken aback by the sheer amount of words being more than what she usually gives me. For once I'm keen to respond, "You think so? I don't really travel as much."

"It be nice if you went, Phoebe really wants you to go."

I give a slight nod to display my agreement and carefully ponder over the idea. A week wouldn't be as unbearable as I initially sought it to be.

After walking down a few aisles, Julien points out the pancake mix, fluorescent lights shining upon it. She glances between the towering shelf and me as her eyes plead for a hand.

"Do... do you think you can—" Julien didn't have to finish the question for me to know what she needed. Being a few inches taller than the girl benefited this case as it was no difficulty to reach over and snatch the pancake mix. I passed it over and in return, her soft laugh made the favor worthwhile.

Once again, I allowed Julien to take the lead, while I stayed behind to suppress my blushing.

"Do we need anything else? What do you like on your pancakes?" She comes to a stop and awaits an answer before she can proceed to the guide.

"Strawberries."

"Anything else?"

"And chocolate chips."

Julien lets out a laugh and another trip through the aisles commences. We grab the carton of strawberries and a bag of chocolate chips before heading to the self-checkout line.

While we stood there waiting, a palpable silence descended and gradually filled the space between us yet no longer felt unendurable.

After waiting in line for our turn, she attentively scanned each grocery item before placing them into a plastic bag. Once the total price was displayed on the screen, I handed over my card but was forcefully pushed back into my grasp.

"Don't worry about it."

౨ৎ author's note:
short chapter but things are coming soon !!
hope u guys are enjoying:)