Chapter 5: Evening games

Evening games.

Toby waved at Stripe's car as it drove away. After standing there for another minute until the car disappeared over the horizon, he headed back to the house. "Toby... How long are mom and dad gone for?". Asked Muffin in a timid voice, taking Toby's paw. "I don't know. They told me they went to get some important things to do. But if you miss them really badly, I can dial them on the phone". Replied Toby, reassuring Muffin. "Thanks Toby...". Thanked Muffin, smiling. Once inside, he asked the girls if they wanted to eat. To which he received joyful squeals from the two sisters. Heading into the kitchen, Toby noticed a pile of scattered toys in the living room. Shrugging, he continued on his way, not getting distracted by the little things.

Opening the refrigerator, Toby started looking at what he could feed the girls. All Toby found was a couple pieces of tomatoes, eggs and milk. "Not much". Toby thought to himself. "You girls want scrambled eggs?". Asked Toby, turning back to the side of the table where Muffin and Socks were sitting. Both nodded at the same time, watching Toby pull out all the listed foods. Taking a skillet, he placed it on the stove, turned on low heat, pouring oil into the pan. Washing the tomatoes, he began cutting them into slices, then placed them on a plate. Taking out a bowl with a whisk, he placed them on the table. Breaking the eggs carefully into the bowl and pouring in the salt, he slowly poured in the warm milk while starting to whisk. Shaking well, he poured the liquid onto the heated skillet. All that was left was to wait for it to cook. "What are you going to drink?". Toby asked, opening the refrigerator. "Juice!". The girls shouted at the same time. Toby smilingly pulled out the orange juice and headed to the table. Placing the juice in the middle of the table, he glanced around to see if the omelet was ready. Taking out two glasses, he handed out a glass each to the wallpaper and poured the orange juice. Returning to the stove, he opened the lid and all the steam from the condensation fell directly into Toby's face. Squinting at the steam, he set the lid aside and took out a spatula, cutting the omelet into even pieces and placing them on plates. Handing out a plate to Muffin and Socks, he sat down in a chair. "Enjoy your meal!". Said Toby, smiling at the girls. "Thanks!". Shouted the girls starting to eat the tomato omelet.

When he finished, Toby washed the plates and headed for his room. The girls were already playing some kind of game in the living room. Without giving it much thought, he went into the room. Toby laid down in bed thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow Toby would be going back to school and catching up on the program he had missed. Remembering Max, Toby made a face of disgust. He hadn't expected such hypocrisy from his former buddy. "You did it. Good for you!". Said Max, clapping Adam on the shoulder. Ugh! As he continued to think, he didn't even hear the door to his room open. Toby felt someone's hand rubbing his shoulder. Twitching, he turned his head to the side of his shoulder. Standing by the bed was Muffin and Socks. "Is something wrong?" Asked Toby, raising an eyebrow. "Toby play games with us". Said Muffin, smiling widely. "What about that game you just played?". Asked Toby. "We're bored of it!". Replied Socks, smiling widely. "Huh... Ok". Agreed Toby. "Yay!". Shouted the girls running into the living room. Getting out of bed, he headed into the living room as well.

Toby sat down on the beige mat across from the girls. "So what are we going to play?". Toby asked, scratching the back of his head. Muffin made a thoughtful expression on her face, which led to a quiet chuckle. "What's so funny?". Hearing the chuckle, Muffin asked, raising an eyebrow. "Sorry you had a funny facial expression". Toby replied, covering his muzzle. "Hey?!.. О!". Said Muffin, turning sharply to Socks and started whispering in her ear. "Oh... I guess that's not good". Said Toby, watching as they started whispering. Socks looked at Toby sharply with a sinister smile. Toby got up from his seat and started to stumble backwards but slipped by Socks's rubber toy. As he fell Toby scratched the bruised spot. Meanwhile, the girls surrounded Toby and began to wrap a jump rope around him. "No! I'm not giving up without a fight!". Shouted Toby sarcastically. Socks ran out of the living room. "Where is she going?". Asked Toby to Muffin who was examining his muzzle. "You'll see". Replied Muffin with a giggle. Running back in, Socks brought some sort of kit with her. Handing it to her sister, she started giggling at Toby, who didn't realize what was going on. Opening the kit, Toby saw the writing on the kit. "Children's makeup kit". After reading it, eyes grew wide. "Socks take care of the nails, and I'll do *Linda's* makeup". Saying that they headed towards Toby together with sinister smiles. "Can we make a deal somehow?". Asked Toby by letting go of ears.