Chapter 7. So-Called Relatives

Uh... Before I even arrived in the capital, I was already thinking about my family property. This young master is really... different.

"The key to the old Marquis' private property warehouse was inherited by you and is in the hands of my subordinates. As for the other things, I don't know about it."

When Li Luo heard this, his eyes lit up: "My father Is there a lot of private property?"

"This...the subordinates don't know the private property of the old Marquis. It was given to his subordinates by the old Marquis before he died." Li Zhongming is a grown man, and he doesn't know how to do it. Go to the warehouse to check private property.

"Oh... Then what was my father's first wife like? Are my brother and sister easy to get along with?" Li Luo asked again.

Li Zhongming thought for a moment, and he understood that the young master asked these questions. After all, a child must be worried about what will happen after returning to Beijing: "Madam, she is a lady, and the young master and young lady are also your direct relatives. They should be easy to get along with."

"That is to say, you don't know either." Li Luo demolished Li Zhongming.

Capital, Zhongyong Hou Mansion.

Yuanseyuan

Li Yang is a gentle and virtuous woman. As a young lady of the Hanlin family, she is also very talented. At that time, she was favored by Li Xu. From the fourth-grade wife to the first-grade wife, her husband had no concubines and was a popular person in front of the emperor. Her life was envied by her relatives and sisters. Moreover, she had both children. However, the son fell off a horse and was injured, and the husband sacrificed his life to save the Holy Emperor. She was so beautiful and beautiful, but suddenly, it seemed like she had nothing left.

In the huge Zhongyong Hou Mansion, she only had her son and daughter left. The rest of them wish that their orphans and widowed mothers would die early so that they could seize everything from the Zhongyong Hou Mansion. They are all remnant wolves who cannot have enough to eat.

"Mother." Li Hong walked in holding a cane. He is Li Xu's eldest son and is eighteen years old this year. When I fell from a horse, my foot injury was actually not that serious. I just walked with a limp. However, the title of Marquis represents the face of the court. Just like the official of the court, a disabled person is not qualified. Li Hong grew up next to Li Yang. He has a kind-hearted personality and is quite gentle. Unlike Li Xu, who is a cold warrior.

"Brother, are you here?" Sitting next to Li Yang was a girl named Li Lin, who is sixteen years old this year. Like Li Hong, she only completed three years of mourning last year, so she delayed her marriage. As a legitimate daughter of the Zhongyong Hou Mansion, her father died, so her status was neither high nor low, which was quite embarrassing, so the marriage was also awkward.

Compared to her, Li Hong was even more embarrassed. Because of his foot problem, it was not feasible for him to take the imperial examination, so he could only manage the family business and pursue a business career. But these days, the status of businessmen is very low. Girls from official families would not marry into merchant families.

"Brother, are you tired? I asked the cook to prepare iced sour plum soup. It's only May, and it's getting hot very early this year." Li Lin said.

Li Hong visited Zhuangzi (2) today. After Li Yang accepted that his son could not take the imperial examination, he was ready to let him manage the family business. It's been three years now. "I'm really tired, thank you sister."

"How is Zhuangzi's situation?" Li Yang asked.

Li Hong shook his head: "No, the revenue has been flat in the past two years. If this continues, it may be difficult to even maintain balance. It is better to sell directly."

"No." Li Yang said, "This thousand acres of land was a reward from the Holy Emperor when your father was ennobled, and... and this is the property of the Marquis. You can't inherit the Marquis Mansion. If it is touched..." Li Yang didn't say what he said next. If it moved, the new Marquis would arrive, which would probably not look good.

"Hmph..." Li Hong sneered, "Those people outside are watching. Four years will pass soon. If I don't find my little brother by then, they will definitely force us to adopt him. By then, these things that my father paid for with his life , it's all theirs."

"Even if we find it, it's only five years old." Li Yang sighed, "Besides, I don't know how it was raised outside."

"Madam, the message from the Duke's wife is here." Aunt Ji, the nanny Li Yang brought from her parents' home, said at the door. Aunt Ji is Li Yang's confidant and her nanny.

(1) Yuanseyuan - 缘瑟院: Yuanse courtyard.

(2) Land and estates or Rural areas, villages