Part : 16 Mine!

Author POV

Wei Wuxian feared that Lan Wangji would chase after Wen ning, so he backhandedly grabbed him instead. But, surprisingly, Lan Wangji never even looked at Wen ning once, but stared at Wei Wuxian the whole time. The two stood face to face, gripping each other's arms, and stared.

Lan zhan frowned internally and Lan xichen chuckled at his behaviour.

"Grandmaster Lan can you please lock your Qi!" requested Lan sizhui.

"What?" questioned Lan qiren.

"I have fear that, the things we are going to see from now on, will make you have Qi divation!" exclaimed Lan sizhui with an smile.

"It's not only fear! I am sure that Zu shufu will Qi divate!" exclaimed Lan Jingyi quite simply.

"Ridiculous!" exclaimed Lan qiren.

"A-yuan what are you saying?" whispered Wei wuxian.

"I am serious!" said Lan sizhui.

"Qiren!" exclaimed Lan Huang telling him to lock his Qi for real.

"Xiongzhang are you serious?" questioned Lan qiren unbelievably.

"I am here!" said Lan Huang.

Lan qiren understood what his brother is trying to say that is he should lock his Qi and it won't be a problem as Lan Huang was there to protect him.

Without another thought he lock his Qi for few hours and people right there was watching were having difficulty to believe that a Cultivator himself was locking his own Qi.

At the same time, Jiang Cheng arrived.

He maintained his patience and waited for the results in Buddha's Feet, but before he finished a single cup of tea, a disciple ran from the mountain hastily and told him about how powerful and cruel the thing in Dafan Mountain was. Hearing this, his heart jumped and he rushed up here again. He shouted, "A-ling!"

Jin Ling almost had his soul taken away a moment ago, but he was fine now, and stood on the ground properly, "Uncle!"

Seeing that Jin Ling was safe, Jiang Cheng finally calmed down. Quickly afterward, he scolded angrily, "Didn't you bring signal fire lights with you? Don't you know to use them when you meet something like this? What are you pretending to be strong for? Scram over here!"

"Cheng cheng you have become more grumpy in future!" exclaimed Wei wuxian.

"That's look true!" agreed Nei huaisang.

"Don't call me that!" said Jiang cheng.

"Come on Cheng cheng be less grumpy!" exclaimed Wei wuxian and Jiang cheng closed his eyes in frustration.

Jin Ling was also angered from not capturing the soul- consuming goddess, "Weren't you the one who told me that I have to catch it? And, if I don't catch it, I shouldn't go see you?"

Jiang Cheng seriously wanted to slap the rotten brat so hard. However, he really did say so himself, and he shouldn't prove himself wrong. He could only turn to the cultivators who lay collapsed on the ground, speaking with satire, "What on Earth could it be, beating you up in such a dignified way?"

"Jiang-xiong seem scary in future!" mumbled Nei huaisang.

Madam yu was looking at screen with a little satisfaction as she thought that his son was no longer childish in future but a responsible Sect leader.

Among the cultivators who wore differently-coloured clothing, a bunch were the disguised disciples of the Yunmeng Jiang Among the cultivators who wore differently-coloured clothing, a bunch were the disguised disciples of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect, ordered by Jiang Cheng to secretly assist Jin Ling, in case he couldn't overcome the challenge. He was quite the responsible elder, going to such great lengths. One cultivator still hadn't overcome the shock, "Sect, Sect Leader, it's... It's Wen ning..."