Chapter 3: First Night

As they pulled up, Emily Matt, Jessica and Mike were all there waiting for them. "So, you guys ready for some fun!" Jessica asked, a little too excited. "Of course they are, why else would they be here?" said her boyfriend Mike. "Shut up!" she said, obviously annoyed. "Yes, we are." Ashley said with a smile.

As they got all settled in the cabin, the only thing Ashley wanted to do was sleep, since it was a 5 hour drive, she was completely worn out. "Hey guys, I'm gonna crash. See ya in the AM." she said. "Goodnight, Ash!" said everyone in unison. Ashley got to her room, changed into her pjs and immediately passed out as soon as her head hit the pillow. A few hours later, a loud noise woke her up. She opened her eyes and looked around. "Must've been one of them." she thought to herself. As she tried to go back to sleep, she heard a male voice whisper her name "Ashley...". That made her sit straight up in her bed, now a little scared. "Hello?" she called out, but there was no answer. "Ash, stop it! You're always freaking yourself out!" she told herself. She got out of bed to check things out anyway, and when she turned on the light, she saw, written on the wall in blood, the words "HI, ASHLEY!" written in all caps.

Ashley screamed and ran downstairs into the lounge, where Sam and Josh were watching TV. "Ash, what's wrong?" Sam asked, standing up. Ashley replied shakily: "I just saw the words "HI, ASHLEY!" written in blood on my bedroom wall!" Sam, after a second of processing what Ashley just said, said: "What?!" "It was probably Chris. He likes to pull pranks a lot" said Josh. "It was written in blood, Josh! Some sick fuck is here with us! And he's fucking with us!" Ashley fired back. "Probably a crazy local asshole" said Sam, trying to sound somewhat reassuring. "I'm gonna go find Chris" Ashley said, visibly upset. "Maybe he can comfort me" a little smile forming across her face. She took off to find him.

Emily and Matt entered the lounge. Emily said: "What was wrong with Ashley? We heard her all the way in our room." "Nothing. Some asshole wrote something on her wall in blood that scared her. Apparently there's someone else in this cabin with us." Sam said. Matt jokingly added: "Probably a serial killer looking to off some teens!" while laughing. "Not funny, jerk!" Emily said, giving him a punch on the arm. "Well, I'm gonna go take a hot bath. I need to relax after all this." said Sam, as she left the lounge. Suddenly, the power went out. "Just great" she said. She grabbed a flashlight from a nearby closet and went to the lodge bathroom . She turned the water on. "Of course, no hot water." She turned off the water and went back into the lodge, finding Emily, Matt and Josh watching TV.