Chapter seven: The Plan

It was a downpour in Limart, the rainfall was ever lasting as a certain prince was walking in the darkness of the rain, the only light provided by a small lantern in the dark night. He was on a clandestine mission, one that could decide the fate of his kingdom.

His boots sloshed through the mud, the only sound in the otherwise eerily silent city. It was as if the storm had driven all inhabitants indoors, leaving Limart to face the elements on his own. But he was determined. He had received a message earlier that day, one that promised vital information about a brewing dragon.

As he neared the designated meeting spot, Laurent, Prince Laurent, heir to the throne of Limart, walked with Paul in the midst of a torrential downpour. The rain fell in heavy sheets, drenching him to the bone. He had no idea who he would be meeting, or what this mysterious informant would reveal. But he knew that it was a risk worth taking, for the sake of his family and his kingdom.

Finally, he saw a figure huddled under an awning, their face hidden by a hood. Laurent approached cautiously, his hand instinctively reaching for his sword. But as he drew closer, the figure stepped forward and pulled back their hood, revealing the weathered face of a middle aged man.

"Your Highness," the man whispered, bowing low.

"Augustus." Laurent said.

Augustus was one of the most hunters in the kingdom, his loyalty to the royal family unwavering

and now he stood before him with a grave expression on his face.

"I don't usually believe in fairytales but the dragon is real, Your Highness," Augustus said.

Laurent's heart sank at the news. He knew that dragons were not just mythical creatures, but they were extremely rare and considered to be extinct. If one truly existed, it could only mean trouble for his kingdom.

"Tell me everything you know," Laurent said, his voice steady despite the anxiety coursing through him.

Augustus proceeded. "A long time ago, dragons used to take maidens to their lair, but one day, A young knight watched the love of his life being sacrificed to the dragon, but he couldn't let the dragon win so he went to the dragon's lair, it was too late. His beloved had perished. Fueled by revenge, the knight along with his followers lunged at the monsters. His grief and his fury merged into one mighty blow, killing the dragons."

"Then we must act quickly," Laurent said. "If we don't stop it now, it will soon come for Limart."

His mind raced with thoughts of how to handle this threat. As heir to the throne, he had been trained in combat and strategy since a young age, but this was no common enemy. A dragon was something else entirely.

But he couldn't afford to show any signs of fear or hesitation. The people of Limart were counting on him to protect them and their kingdom.

"Thank you for bringing this information to my attention," Laurent said solemnly.

Augustus nodded, his expression still serious. "I can lead you to the dragon's lair, Your Highness," he said.

Laurent considered this for a moment. Going after a dragon was no easy feat and he couldn't risk losing any more lives in the process. But he also knew that if they didn't act fast, the dragon could cause even more damage to his kingdom.

"I will need a team," Laurent finally said. "And we must plan carefully."

Augustus nodded again. "I have some men who are skilled in hunting and tracking. We can assemble a strong team."

Laurent breathed a sigh of relief knowing that he had someone trustworthy by his side in this mission. He turned to make his way back to the castle, but Augustus stopped him.