My Uncle Shark Introduces 3 Idiots

I was walking down the hall when I heard voices. Child voices. The last time I heard that somebody almost got arrested (Nat, i'm looking at you). The voices were coming from Tonys lab, why were there children in Tonys lab? I'm not even allowed in his lab and i'm his niece.

"Peter stop touching stuff! God you're such an idiot!" A voice said. Ah, siblings. Which honestly just confused me even more, because why would Tony have siblings in his lab, siblings are absolutely disastrous around his tech. I would know, I almost blew his lab up once because Eli wouldn't shut up.

"You can't tell me what to d-" The small boys words were cut off when he saw me enter the room. He looked absolutely star struck. And then he promptly hid behind his sister and pushed her towards me. "Thats Captain America and The Winter Soldiers daughter!"

"Yeah Pete, I know who she is, you don't need to tell me." 'Peters' sibling said, obviously annoyed at her brother stating the obvious. I felt like that was a regular occurrence. And then they looked at me, and the other one said "I'm Charlie. And this idiot is Peter, he's my brother."

Peter looked so disappointed that he was introduced as an idiot but seemed to quickly get over it when Tony walked in. I turned to Tony, a question on the tip of my tongue.

"They're my new... Interns." He said, seeming very unsure of himself. He then realized how fucking stupid that sounded and went "or you know just some random teens I found and took back to my lab."

"Shark, I know who they are," I said, Tony looked absolutely shocked about that as I have literally never known anything about anything he does ever. "they're those super kids, aren't they? or at least he is, he swings and stuff. The other one has like tech and shit."

All three of them looked at me as if I had just blown the world up. As if I hadn't seen Tony obsessing over these Queens kids who have been saving people and stopping petty crimes. I may not be a math wizz but I sure as fuck can put two and two together to get four.

"How the fuck did you even know that, cooks?" Tony asked, completely bewildered.

"you're constantly talking about that spiderboy and Eclipse kid, it's not hard to figure it out." I said, speaking like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"It's Spider-Man, with a hyphen and capital letters," Peter informed me, looking positively annoyed that I apparently said his name wrong. I was confused. "I can just tell you said it wrong."

Okay so. This kid could tell I said his name wrong, whatever that meant and Tony had still not told what the fuck these literal children were doing in his lab. The last time anyone in this building had brought home siblings everyone started getting headaches constantly. So why was Tony bringing siblings home?

"Why are they here, Tony?" I asked the man, completely ignoring Peter in search of an answer. I really was starting to hope he wasn't going to ask these obviously very young kids to become Avengers so early. They were too small. Too new. "They're not here to fight are they?"

Tony looked absolutely appalled at the question, then quickly shook his head. For once i'm glad I was wrong.

"They're here to be interns, like I said before. Like interim Avengers, they're here to learn and train until they actually are ready, just like we did with you." He told me, quick to defend himself and explain.

I looked back at the two kids who were busy arguing over what one of Tonys little toys did. They would fit in perfect here. Interim Avengers, at least they weren't going to be sent on missions yet, they'd stay local until they were initiated into the team.

"Can you two stop talking about us like we aren't here now?" The shorter one asked, an eyebrow raised. She seemed considerably more mature than the boy currently tearing apart Tonys whatever it was. I assumed she was older but they seemed the same age, twins maybe.

"Nah I quite like ignoring you," I said, taking a jab at the short kid. She seemed amused at this and promptly rolled her eyes.

"As if I wanted to talk to you anyways," She said, in true thirteen year old fashion. Peter seemed to notice that his sister was no longer listening to him ramble so he came over to join the conversation. "how old are you?"

"She's nineteen," Peter got the words out before I could even think about my answer. God, this kid was weird, how the hell did he know how old I was? He noticed my suprised expression and quickly spoke to save his own ass. "I only know because I've been a fan of the Avengers since I was younger!"

I made a noise of understanding. Of course the kid was a fan of the Avengers, I mean who wasn't these days. We were the biggest heros in the world and he was a thirteen year old boy. Wearing a shirt with a star on it. A Captain America fan. Of course, I would've thought Iron-Man.

"Are they staying with us here, Uncle Shark?" I questioned my uncle, curious to see how far he would go with this internship. He looked like he wanted to say yes.

"No, they won't be. They still have school and they live with their Aunt. I won't take them away from her." He said in a small voice, looking at the kids who had migrated back over to his work station. He had a look in eyes, the same look my daddy had in his eyes the day they found me and Eli. The look a father has when he looks at his kids.

"You like them, don't you?" I asked Tony, knowing these damn kids were going to be more than just interns one day. Tony looked at me and then of course acted like he had no fucking idea what I was saying because the man couldn't talk about his feelings to save his life.

"Aren't you supposed to be at training right now?" He asked, changing the subject and eyeing my training outfit. I shrugged, not having a care in the world if I made it to training or not. I was more interested in having this conversation.

"C'mon Tony, you look nothing short of caring right now. These kid, you like them?" I tried to get him to budge, and he did. He let out a long sigh and looked at the two siblings. He had that look again, like they were the most amazing things he had ever seen. Then he looked at me and the look went away and was replaced with one of mild annoyance (Fuck you Tony).

"They're damn smart, Brook. They're funny too, I don't know the last time I ever laughed so fucking hard. They have the nicest personalities ever and for kids they're pretty responsible." He told me, completely enamored by these children. I knew it wouldn't be the last time I'd see them in the lab, hell maybe even Tony would he careless with his money and build them one.

I heard a crash. And then Tony sighed and I knew that was my sign to leave, let him deal with these kids.

"Well, thats me then. Bye Shark, bye children I do not know." I said, waving them all a goodbye which was reciprocated. I walked out the room and continued down the hallway as I heard the very distinct sound of JARVIS telling Tony how much the repairs would cost. I let out a loud laugh as I turned down the hall to the gym. These kids would be fun.

____________________________________

The next Chapter with Charlie will be a lot more Charlie Centric