chapter 2

────⋆⋅ ୨ৎ ⋅⋆────

it was a new day at the florist and kiara had to force herself up this morning due to her late night. she was delighted she had chosen to have a night out rather than sleep, even though she regretted prioritising martinis over sleep.

she couldn't stop thinking about how romeo coincidentally ended up in the same bar as her, and how she almost felt like it was fate. every bit of her wished he would return to her shop today, but she brushed that thought away, knowing he wouldn't come back to the same florist twice for no reason. there were many flower shops in notting hill. what made hers so special?

"fuck." she winced, cutting the side of her finger due to an extremely sharp thorn she attempted to cut off as she decorated a bouqet.

she tried to prevent blood from going everywhere before her shop looked like a murder scene, but as she was cleaning, she ended up getting a blood stain on the side of her cheek.

"oh my god not now!" she whisper-screamed, trying to wipe the blood of her cheek, however it was stubbornly clung to her skin, mocking her efforts. the bell of her store chimed, and she was hiding in the back room because she could not face a customer like this.

taking a deep breath to compose herself, kiara made her way back out to greet the customer with a nervous smile, hoping they wouldn't notice her embarrassment.

"kiara! i was wondering where you were." romeo smiled, taking a step closer to the till.

"hey romeo, it's so lovely to see you again." she smiled.

with a playful grin, he pointed to his own cheek, miming wiping away a stain. "looks like you've got a little something there," he teased, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

blushing furiously, kiara laughed off her clumsiness, "what brings you here today?" a nervous smile played on her lips.

romeo's eyes sparkled as he glanced around the shop. "i was hoping to pick up some flowers for my sisters birthday. she loves orchids."

kiara smiled as she led romeo to the orchid section, her hands trembling slightly as she carefully selected the perfect blooms. as she wrapped the bouquet carefully, their fingers brushed, sending a shiver down her spine.

"thank you so much, kiara," romeo said, his gaze lingering on her. "you always have the most beautiful flowers."

"it's my pleasure," kiara replied, her cheeks flushing pink. "i'm glad I could help. and... um, thanks for stopping by again."

as kiara busied herself in the back room, she heard the door closing, meaning romeo had left. she went back to get her tape from the till when she noticed romeo had left his flowers on the counter.

"oh my god!" she huffed.

she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, wondering why he had left the bouquet. she saw a small teared piece of paper stuck into the single stem of the orchid, and it read:

"to kiara, i hope this bouquet brightens your day as much as it would have brightened my "sister's". with love, romeo."

kiara couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, considering the kind gesture romeo had done for her. she immediately went to the girls group chat to ask them to find his instagram, since she needed a means to express her gratitude.

────⋆⋅ ୨ৎ ⋅⋆────

3/3🍒