chapter 4

────⋆⋅ ୨ৎ ⋅⋆────

in the centre of notting hill, romeo found himself outside kiara's flower store, where the streets were lined with vibrant storefronts and the aroma of flowers filled the air. with a gentle tap on the glass door, he watched as she turned the sign to "closed" and emerged, her cheeks flushed from a day spent among petals and blossoms.

"hey kiara," romeo smiled, his voice soft and hesitant as he approached her. "i was going to pop in and say hello but seems like your closing. do you want to go on a walk with me instead?"

kiara's eyes brightened at the invitation, her lips curving into a grateful smile."of course, i could use some fresh air. my dog's been driving me insane in the shop today. kept biting all the flowers!" she laughed, placing the small puppy down on all fours.

as they walked through the quiet streets, the evening air crisp against their skin, kiara couldn't shake the feeling that there was something romeo wanted to say. she stole a glance at him, noticing the slight furrow of his brow and the way his hands fidgeted nervously at his sides.

"are you okay, romeo?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

romeo nodded, his gaze fixed on the ground beneath his feet. "yeah, i'm fine. it's just...there's something i've been meaning to tell you."

kiara heart skipped a beat, her pulse quickening with anticipation. could this be the moment she had been waiting for?

but before romeo could speak another word, a gust of wind swept through the street, sending a shiver down kiara's spine. she wrapped her arms around herself, regretting her decision to wear only a thin top in the chilly evening air.

romeo noticed her discomfort and without hesitation, he shrugged off his hoodie and offered it to her. "here, take this. you look freezing."

"i'm okay! keep it on." she refused.

"you can't just wear a tank top ki!" he laughed.

"but i'm not cold i swear." she protested, her arms still wrapped around herself.

"kiara." he stopped in his tracks,"wear this now."

"i don't like when your demanding." she pouted, taking the hoodie as she couldn't bare the cold.

"no you just don't like when i'm right." he smiled, throwing his arm around her.

kiara's cheeks flushed with warmth as she finally accepted romeo's offering, the soft fabric enveloping her in a comforting embrace. "thank you," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

as they continued their walk, the silence between them felt heavier than ever, each passing moment filled with the weight of unspoken words and hidden desires.

finally, as they reached the end of their journey, romeo turned to kiara, his heart pounding in his chest as he struggled to find the courage to speak.

romeo stole a sideways glance at kiara, his heart pounding in his chest. he longed to tell her how he felt, to bare his soul and lay his heart on the line, but the fear of rejection held him back.

just as he mustered the courage to speak, kiara's voice broke the silence, her words tinged with a hint of happiness. "i'm thinking of getting a new apartment, romeo," she confessed, her gaze fixed on the ground beneath their feet. "i just want to be closer to the shop and all, and i feel like it's the best decision."

romeo's face broke into a smile at the happiness in her voice, his own fears momentarily forgotten as he reached out to gently squeeze her hand. "i'm proud of you, kiara. whatever you decide, i'll support you."