Home

Ages 23-35

Cass has no idea how she managed to cross back over the Grand Line into the West Blue, she was asleep for most of the journey. Because she somehow avoided every island, meaning she escaped any possible setbacks, it took a little over two months. There was only 2 weeks until her 23rd birthday and Cass just wanted somewhere reasonably to just fucking drop, she wants a full-blown hibernation. By the time she finally landed on Huimang, there was less than her birthday. The free people rejoiced at seeing her again. Apparently, upon his arrival, Sora spoke fondly of Cass- making the villagers even more excited to reunite. Sora was off the island at that time and was going to be back in around a month, so Cass made her way to a cave that was made into a home just for her. The villagers hadn't trusted Sora at first, but once he convinced them that he actually did come there at Cass' recommendation; everyone hounded him for details about Cass so they could prepare for her arrival. It was really nice.

Safely away from anyone that might accidentally incur her wrath, Cass stayed huddled away in her cave for the next three weeks. Her birthday, as anticipated, sucked ass. She managed to avoid succumbing to a Bad Week, but that was the only good thing. The misery was so intense that the villagers later told her they feared she was dying of a broken heart. That's a bit of a dramatic description- but not necessarily an incorrect one. Not only was Cass 23 when she was taken from her Old Home, she was 23 when she was taken from her child. Her lovely daughter, Danny. She was stolen away from her 5-year-old little girl. If she hadn't had a kid, Cass honestly thinks she would have been fine in the world of One Piece. One Piece is a genuinely incredible word with so much to see and do. But it doesn't matter how incredible a world is if it means she is forced away from her baby. They had nobody else in their lives to support them, it was the two of them against the world. And now? Danny is all alone. What if she gets stuck in a horrible adoptive family? Or is trapped in the foster system? Or... what if nobody ever finds her hidden away in their crappy apartment? Cass has been enjoying her life in One Piece, for the most part, but the guilt of not knowing Danny's fate is eating her from the inside. She was only five, she simply couldn't survive on her own.

Evidently, whatever brought Cass into this world didn't like how gloomy she was becoming. Or maybe it just feared she would find a way to return home out of pure motherly desperation. Whatever the reason or explanation- Cass would just like to say that this little joke of theirs isn't funny. At all. Jokes are meant to make people laugh, and Cass isn't laughing. How could she laugh when she just woke up one day to find a literal baby laying in her bed. Cass is pretty damn sure she was never pregnant, and even if she was she probably would have realized she was having a baby. So, whose kid is this?! She wants Danny back, not a random magic baby!! You can't just replace someone's kid and expect everything to be dandy! Though... the kid does resemble Danny when she was a newborn. Though, he's a boy instead of a girl. Considering Cass' own trouble with gender, though, that doesn't really mean anything. What are the chances this kid is her kid, also reborn? For some reason, Cass doubts the Being would be that nice. Whatever caused this just wanted to see her suffer up until now. Plus... Cass didn't sense a familiar aura in this kid, not in the way she's sure Danny would feel. She would recognize her kid, she knows it. Cass would just like to say she blames hormones for her behavior flipping back and forth like a haunted light switch. What the hell is she supposed to do now? Well, aside from raising the kid. She was mentally messed up, but she wasn't a monster. "Hmmm... How about Diggory?" She held the infant up to her chest as she cradled it. Cass doesn't know how long she sat there, holding the sleeping baby, but it was long enough that her thoughts managed to calm down and organize themselves. This isn't Danny, but maybe he could be close enough. He had golden eyes, though Cass only got a glimpse of them when he blinked up at her tiredly, and dusty purple hair. Actually... he kind of looked like a combination between Cass herself and Sora of all people. Guess we know who the kid's dad is supposed to be.