CHAPTER 5 - Charleston

Keith had not got any chance to meet Alex until three days later, because he had to participate in an operation from the next day.

The morning of the first day of joining the K12 unit was a whirlwind. After lunch, Keith went to his new office room, K10, with his suitcase and the black box that Anil had given him. His new room was more spacious than his office at the FBI branch in Pittsburg Street; Behind the desk was a window; From it, Keith could see a section of Philadelphia Street. On the desk was a modern computer with the insignia of the FBI K12 unit flashing on its screen.

Keith opened his suitcase and placed his belongings in their proper places in the new room. Then he also checked the equipment in the black box Anil had given him. All of them have been used in K12 training. The file contained details of the K12 unit's operations and member participation and strategies over a 5-year period. More information on the remaining years can be found in the Information Storage Unit.

Sitting back in his comfortable swivel chair with wheels, Keith reflected on the morning's events. Alex's memory stirred in him more than anyone else. Keith's eyes caught the computer on his desk. Immediately entering his new ID number and new passcode, he logged into the K12 unit's operating system. The first thing he did was to read the biography files of his unit members.

The first thing that caught his eye was the biography of his leader Nathan Rogers. Aged 36, he joined the K12 unit at the age of 29. The unit's oldest member, he had been leading K12 for almost four years now. His career milestones were lined up below.

After Nathan, the oldest person was Gavin. He was 34 years old. He joined K12 two and a half years ago.

Theo and Colin were the same age. Both 30-year-olds have trained in two states.
Keith found out that Lucas and Eric were same age of his age of 31, it had been one and a half years since they joined K12.

Austin and Logan were 32 years old.

Keith's eyes were next on Alex's name. Alex, Stephan and Damian were same age; Damian had already celebrated his 33rd birthday but Stephan and Alex would be celebrated their 33rd birthdays in advance. Alex and Stephan studied at the same Defense University in Pennsylvania and trained together at Quantico for the FBI; After it, at the same time, they both had joined the FBI and work together under same department. At the Defense University, Alex graduated with a MBA in Criminology and Stephan with a MBA in Law.
When Alex turned 28, he was selected for the K12 unit due to his extremely high skills. His name was mentioned as the youngest member who joined the unit in the history of K12 unit. Stephan joined K12, ten months after Alex's appointment.

Keith, who read the resumes and looked at his computer for a while, began to examine the file Anil had given him and the K-Con mobile phone. Keith realized that the contact numbers of all the members of K12, the FBI and other officials were already entered into the cell phone.
On the evening of his first day, he spent all time in his office and going through the files Anil had given him, and after duty Lucas took him to the unit dormitory that were exclusively for K12 agents.

The next morning around 4am, Keith's K-Con phone rang with a call from Nathan. Immediately leaving for duty, Keith was assigned his first unit mission. Accordingly, Keith left for Charleston on the morning flight with Eric and Damian. The trip with Damian gave Keith a headache. He kept bragging about his girlfriends until he got off the Charleston airport. Eric had heard Damian's love history before, so he immediately fell asleep.

Chief Detective Larry Gonzalez and FBI Officer Matthew Moores of the Charleston Police Headquarters greeted them as they arrived to the VIP terminal at Charleston Airport.

"Good morning, gentlemen. Thank you very much for coming so quickly on such an urgent notice."

Detective Larry said as he greeted Keith, Eric and Damian.