CHAPTER 8 - The strange room

Keith didn't see Alex that day after seeing him in the common bedroom area. About an hour and a half later, Stephan returned to the common room after taking a shower. Everyone in the unit began to surround Stephan and ask what had happened. Alex didn't return to the common room until late in the evening, so Keith went to the common bedroom area and checked to see if Alex was still asleep. But Alex wasn't there. !

After completing the day duties, Keith returned to the unit bedrooms at the headquarters, it was after nine at night. Damian and Gavin invited him for wine, but he politely refused as he had to finish the report on the operation in Charleston that night.

On his first day of duty in the K12 unit, Lucas took him to the bedrooms of the K12 unit at FBI headquarters. These bedrooms were located on the top floor of the Hancock Building, which was adjacent to the Hoover Building. Lucas took him upstairs, a floor with a large corridor. The corridor was very clean; There were rooms on both sides of it. The relevant unit number was mentioned in each room. Nathan's room called K1 was located on the left at the beginning of the corridor. Then Theo's room as K2; Stephan's room as K3; Alex's room as K4; Lucas' room as K5; Also Logan's room as K6.

In front of Logan's room was Austin's room as K7, after that room, exactly back to the beginning of the corridor was Gavin's room as K8, Colin's room as K9, Keith's room as K10, Damien's room as K11 and finally, in front of Nathan's room as K12 Eric's room. Keith's bedroom K10 was right in front of Stephan's K3 bedroom.

"These are our unit dormitories. We're all here"

Lucas told Keith, reaching across the rooms on both sides of the corridor.

"Except Alex!"

Lucas said raising his left eyebrow.

"Why isn't Alex in the room?"

Keith questioned.

"Well.. you can't say so.. he doesn't sleep in these rooms like us all the time. He has his own apartment... in the Avenue of the Arts, about 300 meters from here... most of the time he stays there... alone.. . Only some days he comes here and sleeps.. but rare" 

Lucas said as he walked to his room, K5.

"He is bit strange, you know... You'll get used to it soon dude... Good night."

After saying good night to Keith, Lucas went into his room and closed the door. Remembering how Lucas had brought him to this bedroom on their first day, Keith entered his room and locked it.

Although it was called as a room, it was a small single apartment. A cupboard for storing shoes and coats at the entrance, and a comfortable living room in front of it. There was a small sofa and a TV. To the left was a small table that can seat four people, and a small kitchen. To the south of the living room was the bedroom and bathroom. In one corner of the living room was a small storage room, and the living room wall had a large window and snow-white window curtains. The government had given maximum resources to the K12 unit officers because they were doing so much service to USA.

Keith went straight to the bathroom, took a shower and put on shorts, went to the kitchen, made coffee with bacon and bread, brought it to the table and started to prepare his report.

Keith went to practice at five o'clock the next morning and met Nathan, Theo and Austin at the training complex of Army.

(Officers who are selected for the K12 unit must undergo 6 months of intensive training. Only those officers who successfully complete the training will be given the opportunity to work officially in the unit. K12 officers must engage in daily training even while on duty. This is a training that is given in a different way from day to day. One day will be physical fitness training, another day will be military training, another day will be weapons training, another day will be diving training. Daily training is provided so that K12 officers could get exposed to any situation at any time. K12 training is available at any time of the day; There are a group of professional trainers employed for that purpose. No one is allowed to skip daily training, but training can be skipped in case of illness or during operations. In cases where it is not possible to complete the daily training, the relevant training hours must be completed within a week)