CH 1

"Dad! Dad!" A small, seemingly very skinny, pale girl ran to the warm living room that was filled with an usual comforting smell of a Christmas Eve evening.

In a velvety soft armchair sat a tall, black haired man, setting down the tea cup he was sipping while watching the fireplace before the little one ran in, "Yes, my sweet bun?" He turned towards the child that was already climbing into his lap.

"Can you tell me the story of my uncles again? Pleeeeaseeee??" She pleaded, her long brown hair seeping down her shoulders as she stared up at him.

"Sweet bun, I tell you this every year, aren't you bored already?" He swiped her hair behind her back as he held her in his arms.

"But I love the story so much! Daddy Soobie pretty please!" She blinked her overly large black eyes intensely in hopes he'd give in.

"Fine, fine, but first go brush your teeth and get into your pajamas, alright?" Soobin pat her silky hair with a soft smile on his face.

"But daddyyy," she complained. "Do you want to hear the story or not, sweet bun?"

"Fine.." She pouted, slowly climbing out of Soobin's lap and then running up the stairs as fast as she could.

"Be careful!" Soobin sighed, leaning back into the chair, "I wish you guys were still here, so you could've seen my little girl grow up." He talked to himself.

He snapped out of his thoughts and headed up the stairs to check up on his daughter.

She was still in the bathroom when he came up, "Are you done brushing your teeth bun?"

"Mhm!"

"Let me see." She opened her mouth and Soobin saw that she still had leftovers from dinner stuck in her teeth.

"Myuwon, what did I say about not brushing your teeth properly?" Soobin said in a serious tone.

She looked down, " 'brush them well or you'll need dentures by the time you're 20'.."

"That's right, now brush them again, the story isn't going anywhere." He kissed Myuwon's head then picked up a brush for her hair.

Once she was done with brushing her teeth, and Soobin braided her hair, the two walked together to Myuwon's bedroom, where he helped her put on her pajamas.

"C'mon, Daddy! Tell me! Tell me!" Myuwon jumped on the bed.

"Calm down, sweet bun." He tucked her in and brought over a chair, holding a notebook in his hands.

He opened the notebook on the first page, "Let's see.. It all started in the summer of 2010..."

14 years ago..

"Soobin, hand me the ball!" Yeonjun yelled across the beach as they were playing volleyball.

"What so you can make us lose? No way!" He served the ball towards Beomgyu, knowing he wouldn't be able to catch the ball.

"Beomgyu move, l'll take it!" A boy ran in front of Beomgyu trying to save the ball, but in the process of doing that Beomgyu didn't have time to react so he stayed in the same place, making the two collapse.

"I'm so sorry, Minwoo!" Beomgyu whined about making their team lose instead of his own leg.

"Gyu, don't apologize. Is your leg okay? I think I landed on it." Minwoo moved over and checked his leg.

"Guys, let's stop playing for now," Soobin said and all 4 of them went over to Minwoo and Beomgyu.

"I can't believe we lost because of you." Yeonjun scoffed.