||Freedom at Last|| 02

||Ritisha||

I don't feel like getting up.

My world just turned upside down.

I've been up all night, not getting an ounce of sleep after hearing the horrors of being sold as some kind of pleasurable slave. I've heard this type of term from one of the guards in the orphanage. I also knew what it meant since Mrs. Helen had taught the word 'intercourse' to us when we were in our teens.

Mrs. Helen

Just thinking of her name gives me chills. I need to avoid her at all costs. I was afraid of what she might do or react when I ran away from her yesterday.

I sat up from my bed, waking before the bells could jingle and wake everyone up. Getting off my bed, I creep towards Carmella's bed and start to rock her.

"Carmella," I whisper.

I could hear a groan from her, she turned over to my side and rubbed her eyes, glancing at me with a drowsy look.

"Ugh Ritisha," She whines, "it's not morning yet! The sun hasn't shown up yet." Carmella glares at me, vexed that I've disturbed her nap.

"I'm sorry, but this is important." I explain and she perks an eyebrow, I don't waste any time before saying, "I need to leave this place."

Carmella gazed at me with a blank stare, she gripped her blanket and turned around to head back to sleep.

With an annoyed huff, I rip the blanket from her body and she shivers as the cool air hits her skin. She sits up again, her face hardening.

"What is it!" Calling out, while her eyebrows furrowed.

"I told you I need to leave this place!"

She gave me a puzzled look, "Why? Aren't you getting adopted today?"

"That's the problem, I need to leave before I get adopted."

Carmella narrows her eyes before she can ask why, I cut her off by answering her question.

"This place is dangerous for me. I'm not getting adopted, I'm being sold."

That's when her eyes widened, alarmed by my words. It was as if I had spoken something that she wouldn't ever suspect me of saying before.

"What!?" She screeched, waking the girls from their slumber. They all glare at her, making her cheeks redden with embarrassment. A quiet 'sorry' could be heard from her before the girls head back to sleep.

"How in the world do you even know that?"

With a sigh, I explained what I had heard last night. "Mr. Chester, he... he was talking with my 'adoptive' father about selling me to that man."

She gasps, covering her mouth with dread. Was it a good idea to tell her? I could practically see the color drain out of her.

"If you're getting sold, does that mean the rest of us will too?" Her voice cracks a little from fear. I'd never seen her so scared before.

"I...I don't know..." I admit, if I'm being sold then this means that they'll also be used and abused.

"I need you to help me escape."

"If you're escaping then I'm coming too!"

"You can't,"

She raises a brow, "why not?"

"Because it's too risky,"

"What you're doing is too risky!" She rebukes.

With a sigh, I hesitantly give her a gentle pat on the shoulder before quickly pulling away. "I'll be fine, just please help me, I promise I'll come back for you once I find a way to help all the girls, but for now it's too dangerous and I don't want you to go through the stuff that I'm about to do. "