||Prologue|| 00

||Ritisha||

   They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Yet, I've just entered a different type of hell I haven't seen or heard of before.

Ritisha Bakshi was a good student, kind-hearted, and most importantly an honest woman.

Well, I used to be an honest person, right before I discovered the truth.

The truth that led me to the path of where I am right at this moment. I never wanted to be a liar, but if it's going to save my life, I might as well be the biggest liar to ever live.

It should have been easy, it could have been easy if I just ran in another direction instead of landing myself in this dilemma.

"Shoot!"

Bullets were flying like haywire everywhere I went, it was chaos out there in the soiree. I had practically run out of there when I heard the first gunshot fire, making the crystal chandelier fall on top of everyone who was standing beneath it.

He must've set me up, he had to.

The moment I stepped into that manor of his, he wanted me gone for good. He had demanded me to leave, saying that this place I'd entered would be the cause of my end. Yet my stubbornness was no match for his orders.

But did he have to send me on this mission?

I mean, I only just got this job two days ago! What kind of manic wants to get one of their workers killed? It's just inhuman! Not to mention, the one who was supposed to be my partner for this mission had disappeared into thin air, leaving me behind to fend for myself.

Maybe he expected me to be capable of this job. That is a possible theory since I said I could adapt to things easily. Or maybe he just wanted to punish me.

Running aimlessly through the wide halls of the manor, I stumbled upon a group of enemies that had come to ambush me.

Being the proficient person that I am, I immediately ran in the other direction of the hallway, screaming for someone to come save me.

For goodness sake, maybe I should've just listened to that swine when he said that this mission would be dangerous.

I just wanted a way to escape the life I had loved so much.

A way to be free from the horror I had discovered.

The orphanage, the place I once called my home.

___

Hope you enjoyed the prologue!
don't forget to follow💚
Bye, lovelies!