♡Chapter 2 - I'd wait 135 years♡

~31st May 1809~
Lannes P.O.V.

His eyes slowly open , blinded by the blissful purity of the clouds surrounding him before watching as an angel tilts his head , watching back.

"H-hello?" He whispers as the angel smiles , "Is...am I in heaven?"

The angel nods , helping him up as he thumbles , "Yes , my good man , welcome to heaven."

Jean smiles as he's taken up to a large book , thicker than anyone he'd ever seen.

Seeing him looking on in awe , the angel smirks and opens the book.

"Name?" He asks as Jean laughs nervously

"Lannes , Jean Lannes?"

After a while and some difficulties , the 2 look over at his life.

Brigadier... General... Marshal...

Son...Brother...Father...

"79 of 100, I'd say." He angel mumbles as he looks up and down at  Jean.

"I'm sorry?" Jean asks as the angel smirks , "What does that mean?"

"Well...you're good but in no way great" the Angel responds as he picks up Jean's hand and takes him through the entrance of heaven.

Welcome to Heaven

~21st June 1810~

Murat P.O.V.

Walking into his royal gardens with Caroline , he caresses her cheek , "All these flowers and yet you're still the sweetest and most beautiful"

Caroline flushes a pastel pink before kissing Joachim's cheek , "My darling you are too kind and too good for me and my emotions"

"Do you wish for me to stop?"

"Do you think that?"

The couple look at each other before laughing and kissing each others cheeks , "Oh my dear , I simply don't know what I'd do without you by my side."