S1 Ep5: Overworked

Taraji woke up in a heaping sweat

Taraji woke up in a heaping sweat. Her body was hot , her head was pumping, and she could feel her stomach turning over. With all the strength in the world, she flung her covers back and stumbled her way to the bathroom. The minute she hit the toilet she fell to her knees and heaved all of the food she had eaten for dinner out of her body.

After what felt like years of emptying her guts she laid her head on her arm. She just couldn't be sick today, there was too much at stake. She had two meetings set to discuss when the runways show for her new collection would be. Then she had to meet with a few potential investors Calvin had lined up. She wasn't too happy about that one, but it was going to be good for her company.

Using all of her strength, she picked her body off of the ground and slowly made her way back to her bed. It was still incredibly dark outside, so she knew it was still early in the morning. The actress flipped her phone over seeing the time was a good 5:30 in the morning. A groan slipped out just before her eyes flutter back closed. It felt like only seconds (but was really an hour and a half) when her alarm actually went off. She struggled her way through her morning routine and getting dressed. Her head was pounding so she decided to take a couple of aspirins, hoping it would dwindle within the next couple of hours.

Her drive to work wasn't any better, she had to wear shades to protect her eyes from the light and sipped a bottle of water to keep herself from throwing up in her newly cleaned out car. Once she made it to her office, she avoided everyone except for her assistant who she made it clear that she didn't want any interruptions for the whole day.

She shut her curtains and dimmed the lights, making sure not an ounce of it could be shown. Taraji laid her head on the desk and closed her eyes hoping everything would just stop.

•••

Sasha cleared her throat as she sat across from Shannon

Sasha cleared her throat as she sat across from Shannon. The two hadn't said anything since they woke up and sat the breakfast table. Shannon scrolled through her phone trying not to make eye contact with her girlfriend. The tension was filling up the room.