Day 1

Jeremy's POV:

My new job starts today. I never thought I'd retire from the Corps so early but I was starting to lose interest in it. 

I woke up extra early today because I want to one, get a tour of the station, two, get situated, and three, see my brother after almost 11 years. I missed Jack so much, I hope he is doing okay.

After crawling out of my bed, I go to my bathroom. I brushed my crazy bedhead and also washed my face. And you can't forget to brush your teeth either. After a good 10 minutes, I was ready to get dressed. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of jeans and a black T-shirt. I'm not a fancy guy when it comes to outfits, so this will do. 

I looked at my phone and texted Jack.

My Clone:

Me- Yo, what's good?

Jack- Hey, today is your first day, right?

Me- Yup, I'm heading there soon, I wanna get there a little early.

Jack- Alright, I'll see you soon.

I put my phone back into my pocket and head out into my living room. On the couch, I see a peaceful-looking Lulu, my German Shepherd puppy. I got Lulu about 3 days ago because I wanted a friend. Her full name is technically Luna, but I have just always called her Lulu because I think it's super cute.

I slowly sit down on the couch next to her and softly pet her on her head. She immediately woke up and started jumping on me and kissing my face. 

"Woah, Lulu!" 

I get up and go over to the little area that I made her, it has all of her toys, treats, and outfits. Did I go a little overboard by spoiling my puppy? Yes, yes I did. I bend down and grab her leash, and click it onto her collar. I take Lulu on a short walk around the neighborhood to make sure she gets her daily exercise. About 15 minutes later we made it back to my house and I went straight to the kitchen to make breakfast. Nothing better than eggs and toast right? 

After I got my breakfast, I fed Lulu and then gathered my things. I didn't know what I would need to bring so I just brought some of my essentials, like my phone, extra deodorant, my dog tags, and a toothbrush. I put everything into my backpack and then left my house.

I unlocked my car and hopped in while throwing my backpack on the passenger seat. I turned on the radio before backing out of my driveway onto the street. After about 8 minutes I was already there. You could say I'm a good driver...just kidding I almost hit a pole on my way here. I parked my car, grabbed my bag, and walked into the station. 

I looked to my left and saw the Captain's door. I knocked on it and hoped he was in early, if not I'm screwed. 

"Come in," I heard from the small room. 

I slowly opened the door and entered the room. 

"Jack? What do you need?" Pruitt asked me. Oh boy, this is gonna be fun. 

"Sorry sir, not Jack." I laughed slightly. "It's Jeremy, I hope this won't cause too many problems."

"Oh! I'm sorry Jeremy, my mistake. And it shouldn't, we just have to get used to it," he says to me.

"So, uh, should I get changed first or..." I say not really knowing what to do.

"Hold on, let me call over Montgomery and he'll give you a tour of the place. Then you can get changed," he says while standing up and walking to the door. 

I move slightly so I can see who Montgomery is.

"Montgomery!" he yelled. And a few seconds later a man with dark brown hair jogs up to Pruitt.