Chapter three: The Battle

Sam's POV:

We arrived at the mall a few hours early to shop for clothing. We walked right into Hot Topic and picked out some black skinny jeans, I wore an All Time Low shirt, Kalie wore a Blink shirt, Nicole bought a "I don't trust me either" shirt and Joslyn bought a "YOU COMPLETE MEss" shirt. We changed in the bathrooms and dropped are old close off in the car. We realized we had a few hours left until the event so we walked around and headed to the food court. We decided to go eat a salad because we didn't want to feel like shit on stage.

It was time to perform and that's when the boys walked in. They were making faces at us and laughing as we got ready. Ash just smiled like the nice guy he is. He never says anything bad about us, he just sits there and watches us play and smiles sometimes back at Kalie's place.And for the first time in awhile, I smiled back. Joslyn walks up to the mic and says " Hello everyone, we're The Long Term and we will be doing a cover of American Idiot by Green Day."

Once we got done performing we heard the crowd roar with excitement. We all went to the front of the stage and did a bow. That was an amazing feeling, I loved performing to people. It made me feel good, it made me feel at home.

The boys walked up on stage and said
"Hello guys, we are a band called 5 Seconds of Summer and we will be doing a cover of Jasey Rae by All Time Low." The girls and I just laughed at their band name for awhile. They were actually really good, I didn't expect that much, except from Ash, I mean he was the one that got me into drums in the first place. Sometimes I miss him, but it was Luke that separated us, i could never forgive him for that.

All the performers had been done and they were about to announce the winners. One of the people from Capitol Records walked on stage to say the winners, the girls and I held hands and crossed our fingers. " This years winners for Battle of the Bands is... THE LONG TERM!!" we hugged and jumped and nearly cried. We were so happy that we were winning at something we love to do.

" Hello, I'm Spencer a manager from Capitol Records and I just wanted to give you girls my card. Give me a call and we would be happy to sign you to our record label." we just got in another group hug, as we departed, i saw the boys giving themselves a group hug because this man seems to have given them a card too. Hopefully they aren't signed to the same label as us. That would be awful.

I walked back stage to get a cup of water when I heard Ashton's voice say "You guys did an amazing job out there." I tried not to freak out "You guys did great as well." I said, not even bothering to look back. I struggled to find the girls until we all found each other in the parking lot. We all got in the car and sat in silence until Nicole spoke up.

"So um guys, please don't hate me for this, but uh I may or may not have kissed Calum." I nearly stopped the car in the middle of the road. "Nicole, what were you thinking?! Why did you let this happen? He's gonna get to you and then break your heart." I replied, with not anger but disappointment in my voice. " I didn't think it was a good idea either, Calum leaned in, i just stood there not knowing what to do, but wait... does that mean my first kiss was with Calum?!" she sounded so disgusted, it made all of us laugh. So I guess now i can confess my encounter with Ash "Since we seem to be confessing things.. I spoke to Ash for the first time in two years today." The car became silent until Kalie spoke up.
"So uh, what did you guys uh um say?"
"nothing much, he just said that we did good and i just said that they did good as well. nothing over the top like KISSING SOMEONE THAT WE HATE TO THE CORE." "Let's not speak about that and speAK ABOUT HOW A RECORD LABEL WANTS TO SIGN US!!!" everyone in the car cheered until Joslyn said "wait, did we just cheer for ourselves?" which again caused us to laugh and nearly crash into car. This was going to be... very very fun.