chapter three...

(song used owned by Tate Mcrae)

I'm walking to the music room to eat lunch. no one is supposed to be there, so i thought it would be a good time to work on a song i've been stuck on for a while. I've never had much trouble writing songs. It flowed naturally to me, so why did I have so much trouble with this one?

I sat down at the piano and pulled out my music sheet book and the lyrics I already have written. I played the first few cords

"I've been keeping things inside." I started, my fingers dancing along the keys. "Taking up space til' I got someone. I could open up my mind too." my hands glide over the keys like a painter painting a picture. "I guess it worked pretty good 'till now. But shits kinda getting serious. I think I'm running out of room."

And then I stop getting stuck in the same spot. I read over the lyrics again. And again. And again. But nothing. I write something down and then play back where I stopped. "Everyones got someone built custom, to give their darkness to." I sang, liking how it's going. "I wish I had someone, could trust 'em." I sang, getting louder than before. "But loyalty, don't come for free."

"Cause all my friends are fake, fake, fake, fake. They just want me for the day, day until they don't." I wrote this song about my friend group from my last school, even my best friend from kindergarten. "I sat up wondering, what if I broke my legs? What if I changed my name? Would you still love me the same? Or are you just as fake? Like all my friends are fake."

I finally finished the song that i've been stuck on since the bullying started, my depression was keeping me from finishing it. I wonder what changed for me to actually finish it.

I turn around when I hear clapping coming from the door to the music room.

"Fuck." I rolled my eyes.

"Holy shit Eds." Richie said, walking over to me. "That was so good. Did you write that yourself?"

"Yes." I said bluntly. "Why aren't you in the cafeteria?"

"I come here sometimes. I didn't know you sang." he said sitting on the piano bench next to me.

"You don't know anything about me." I said starting to pack up my stuff. I got up from the bench and threw my bag over my shoulder.

"Wait," he said, getting up and following me. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. I yanked it away not wanting to feel the heat he gave my skin, I shuddered and turned back around. "Eds you have you join our band, your voice is amazing and that song. God, you could really help us."

"I don't sing." I said turning back around and walking out. "Don't call me that." I rolled my eyes walking out of the door into a sea of students walking to their class as lunch ended.

"Eds please just stop." I stopped walking and turned around to look at him. "Please we need a lead singer or else we'll be out of the running to play at the dance. Please we need you."

"I can't, I don't sing in front of people."

"You sang in front of me."

"I didn't know you were there."

"Please, eds just play with us once and so you can get a feel for it."

"If I agree, will you shut up and leave me alone so I can go to class." I rolled my eyes looking at students passing us as we stood in the middle of the hallway."

"Yes, meet us in the music room after school today."

"Fine whatever." I turned back around leaving, Richie by himself. Why did I do that? I'm so stupid.