Chapter 4 Discussion in Paths

(Eren's POV)

With Gloria by my side, I lead Historia Reiss to the paths. She's visibly surprised when she realizes her pregnant belly has vanished. As she spots us, her gasp echoes through the ethereal space. "Eren and Aya? What's happening? And where exactly are we?"

I reassure her, "Don't worry, Historia. We're in the paths, accessible only through the Founder's powers. And Historia... the Founding Titan's power has been unlocked."

Her shock is palpable. "But how? Did you meet Zeke and use him to break the vow?"

I shake my head. "No, I haven't met Zeke. However, we don't need him anymore... because..."

Gloria steps forward, revealing, "We did this because Eren managed to touch me. I'm sorry for hiding this from you, Your Highness, but 'Aya' is just a cover name I used to infiltrate Marley's military and reach the island. My true identity is Gloria Tybur, holder of the War Hammer Titan."

Historia's shock is palpable as she gasps, "Y-you're the War Hammer Titan? And if Eren touched you... are you also of royal blood?"

Gloria nods somberly. "Yes, Zeke and I are cousins. He likely didn't know about me because I was born when my parents were in hiding after his betrayal of his parents and the Eldian Restorationists. Despite being part of the Tybur family, my parents rejected their family's past and sought to gain the War Hammer Titan to aid Eldia. However, they couldn't evade discovery forever. They were found out and turned into mindless Titans, while I was taken in by other relatives who attempted to indoctrinate me. Clearly, they failed."

Concern clouds Historia's expression as she asks, "When your parents were sent to the island..."

Gloria's voice carries a hint of sorrow. "I learned that all the pure Titans on the island were eradicated, save for Connie's mother. It means my parents are no longer alive."

"But I will uphold their legacy," Gloria continues with determination, "which is why I sought out Eren."

I say firmly, "Our plans are going to change."

Historia's eyes widen. "Really? Does this mean you're not going through with the Rumbling?"

Gloria responds evenly, "No, the Rumbling is still on the table as a necessary option. What we need now is to understand the intentions of other nations. However, this must be a joint effort between us. If negotiations fail, we'll resort to the Rumbling to crush our enemies."

"So, you also believe in the full Rumbling?" Historia's frown deepens.

"Three years ago, I had the same visions as Eren, likely due to the Titan fluid I consumed," Gloria explains. "Eren likely drank the fluid from the Armored Titan, granting him Hardening abilities. Mine, from the Attack Titan, aids my focus and grants me future memories like Eren's."

I realize, "That's why I couldn't see you in my future memories... because you were intentionally blocking me?"

"It's not intentional blocking, but rather, my existence contradicts your future memories," Gloria clarifies. "Regardless, negotiations are our immediate focus."

"Then why exclude the Scouts if you plan to negotiate with other nations?" Historia asks, puzzled. "Wouldn't their involvement strengthen our position?"

Gloria remains steadfast. "Our negotiations demand secrecy to have any chance of success."

Eren concurs, "It's part of the strategy we've discussed. Involving the Scouts could complicate matters unnecessarily."

"Understood," Historia replies thoughtfully, her expression reflecting her contemplation. "But now that I know we share the same blood... can I call you my sister?"