Friends.

The day after the kiss Penelope locked herself away. She had to prepare for the shoot the next day, so she wanted to rest as much as possible, she just hoped there would be miracle workers that could hide the bags under her eyes from the zero sleep she's attained.

Penelope drove to the warehouse where the shoot was taking place. To her surprise she saw Daphne waiting for her just outside the building. She stood in her work gear, and her hair was tied up, ready for business. She squealed as she saw Penelope jumped down from her car.

"Penelope Featherington! I'm styling you today!"

Daphne was a prominent London personal stylist. She had a roster of important celebrity clients, so Penelope was surprised to see her show up for something as silly as styling her. But she was grateful to have a friend today, she needed a little bit of happiness.

Daphne rushed over and wrapped her arms around Penelope and dragged her into the building.

"I'm so excited, the outfit's I have planned for you are sickeningly sexy."

Penelope laughed at the determination in Daphnes voice.

"So are you going to tell me? Just how Agatha pulled this off and made you do this?"

"She called me, told me you'd be on the cover, do you honestly think I'd let anyone else style you?"
Daphne shook her head in disbelief. Penelope really was delusional sometimes. Of course she would do anything for Penelope, especially if she was appearing on a cover of a fast-selling magazine! Sometimes Daphne thought Penelope took care of everyone else so much, she forgets how to let people take care of her.

"So you and Colin left together the other night... anything happen there?"

Penelope could tell by Daphne that she was trying to seem no bothered by bringing up the conversation of Colin tactfully. But sometimes Daphne had as much subtly as a bulldozer.

"Nothing will or ever happen with me and Colin."

Penelope drew a glare towards her over her coffee.

"Yep, ok point taken."

Daphne turned around and rested against the table. She had hoped the Colin explained himself and maybe attempted to get back to a safe place with Penelope. But Daphne could tell something was off, Penelope was shutting down, and she hasn't done that in a long time. Daphne knew when not to push her, because if she kept going... full on retreat mode would be activated and that's the last thing anyone needed, especially Penelope Featherington.

Penelope sat in the make-up chair for what seemed hours. She had several people buzzing about her doing her make-up and hair, even her nails! Music was blaring, and the place was alight with atmosphere. At some point Hyacinth made her way into the dressing room and took full control of the music. If there was one person who could keep an atmosphere going, it was Hy. Penelope was grateful for any and every distraction today.

There was three looks on the agenda, and a little interview. Penelope wasn't used to being on the centre stage and being interviewed, it was normally the other way around. The only saving grace was the Sophie was the one doing the interview. She came in and sat next Penelope while pulling out her recorder and notebook. The interview would be going parallel with the photoshoot. It was meant to add a dimension to the column to show women really can do it all. Multi-tasking at its finest!

The first look as a darkened red dress, it was long sleeved and fitted her superbly. The V-neck style fitted her like a glove, and the hem of the dress went all the way past her knee. Her hair was styled in a messy bun, and her make-up was natural and glossy. She was directed to stand looking out a window while staring at the camera. Everything was so robotic, Penelope felt so out of place. Pictures were not her strong suit.