Red

A few days after the talk, Colin was heading back into the office. His social media had calmed down after around the 5-day mark of Marina's surprise interview and announcement. It was great that Taylor swift started dating someone new as the blogs were redirected to other news instead of 'influencer break-up that no one saw coming'. He had spoken to Marina a few times settling their affairs in the UK, it was pretty basic, but he was finally starting to feel normal again.

He stepped off the lift and walked towards his office. He wasn't sure after him and Penelope's talk how to approach the whole 'friends' situation. He saw her standing next to Theo's desk, so he smiled as normal and headed into his office.

Penelope saw the awkwardness in his face, she didn't want this. After their kiss, obviously Penelope ran through a hundred scenarios of them being together, of them making love all over her apartment but she couldn't bring herself to act upon it. That had to be saying something right? Ultimately, she didn't trust him, he had to work for that trust again, and she couldn't just accept him with open arms, because what if he hurt her again? Colin was always the boy chasing her dream, or a girl, he never ever chased Penelope Featherington. Somewhere deep down she wanted him to fight, maybe even chase her, but Colin was a coward, and probably deep down so was Penelope.

She decided to grab a coffee from the kitchen and structure more of the feature. Lyla had sent her a full list of vendors she was using, and some extra pictures of her table décor and ideas for the first song. Penelope liked to incorporate lyrics among the page, maybe as a background to lighten up the article itself. It was an art piece she constructed carefully with precision and love. She was always proud how she could decorate, write, and bring something in the magazine to life.

She stood in the kitchen and from the corner of her eye she saw Colin approaching.

"Morning Penelope."

She raised her eyebrow.

"Penelope?"

He smiled at her counter.

"Penelope is your name is it not?"

He sarcastically tilted his head and smirked, while she rolled her eyes and smiled.

"I suppose it is."

She turned back around and stirred the extra sugar into her coffee. He leaned over her to get a mug and set up the coffee machine for a cappuccino.

"When did you start drinking coffee?"

Penelope had never known Colin to drink coffee before. He always swore he would never touch the stuff; tea was always his favourite. She only knew that because every time she would make herself a cup he would strongly complain of the smell around her apartment.

"When I got old."

He laughed and sent her a wink. She shook her head.

This was the relationship she missed. The easy, happy, constant friend she sorely missed. He would tease her, make her smile, and brighten up her day. She nudged by him and made her way out the kitchen.

"Good day Mr. Bridgerton."

He full on grinned as she teased him walking away. He watched her walked away. This was what he missed. The Penelope Featherington that would tease him straight back, or even smile towards him. He wanted nothing more than for her to trust him again, to believe in him again. He had been fucked up for so long, and now he was home and wanted nothing more than to prove to not only Penelope, but to everyone, he was going to be steady, sure, and successful. He wanted to make a name for himself for something other than trailing around the globe aimlessly. His purpose was London, this new adventure, and who knows... maybe something else.