ONE - HURRICANE AGGIE

Right now, Marie was sitting off to the side, watching JJ try to convince Heyward to let Pope take a break and hang out with them

Right now, Marie was sitting off to the side, watching JJ try to convince Heyward to let Pope take a break and hang out with them. "Sorry, Pops!" Pope said before jumping on the boat, his dad yelling after him.

"We'll have him home safe and sound, Heyward!" She said before the boat took off. "I'm guessing this is some kind of celebratory thing for DCS not getting you?" Marie asked, raising an eyebrow. "That's exactly what this is, Joey." John B said with a stupid grin as Marjorie got back in her spot, which was basically laying on top of JJ. ".. Geez, you're just sooo obsessed with me, huh?" JJ teased. "Shut up.. I just want cuddles, that's all." Marie said, burying her face in JJ's neck. The two were usually affectionate with each other, seeing as they both kinda have similar home lives.

".. I'm gonna guess it's your pops again?" JJ asked the small brunette, a look of concern taking over his features. "Yeah.. he got coked up last night. Luckily, I just stayed in my room the whole time.. it was still pretty terrifying though." Marie said softly to JJ, deciding to play with his blonde locks of hair as they were on the boat. "I'm sorry, Mars.. You know you can always stay at the chateau with John B and I, if you want. Just want you safe." JJ told Marie, resting his chin on top of her head. Marie and Kiara were the honorary Pogues, aka the people from the Figure Eight that he and the guys could actually tolerate. And honestly, JJ wouldn't have it any other way. Marie was like a ball of sunshine, in his eyes. And Kiara was the one who kept JJ alive, at this point. As they pulled up to the dock where Kiara was waiting, Marie waved happily at the mixed girl, smiling from ear to ear.

"Kiki, hey!" Marie said happily. "Hey Joey!" Kiara said with a smile and a small wave. "What's in the cooler?" John B asked. "Oh, you know.. carrot sticks, juice boxes." Kiara started before JJ spoke up. "You got my kind of juice boxes?" He asked. "Yup, got those too. And Joey, I got you those Hawaiian Punch juice boxes that you love." Kiara said as she handed the girl her fruit punch. The group knew Marie couldn't have alcohol for the same reason she became deaf— Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Marie's mother was drinking before Marie was born because of Marie's asshole of a father, and it affected Marjorie in the long run. But, the Pogues didn't judge her.. they understood that it was something she couldn't help or change.

All the sudden, the boat came to a halt, sending JJ and Marie off the boat. "What the fuck happened?" John B asked, looking at Pope. "Sandbar. The channel changed." Pope said as Kiara looked over the boat. "Are you two okay?" Kiara asked. "I think my heels touched the back of my head." JJ groaned as he noticed Marie. Then he started to panic. "Ey, Mars. Mars, you good?" JJ said softly, a bit concerned. ".. Y'all are so lucky I'm wearing my waterproof coverings." Marie said. JJ laughed lightly at that before helping Marie back onto the boat, wrapping her in a towel with him as she stayed in his arms.