Seventeen: Mother

"Thanks for coming with me, Half-Sack." Laurel said to the poor prospect. It had been a few weeks since Happy's departure and Laurel was completely busy. Between work, party planning with Gemma, and baby appointments Laurel was thankful that Happy had been insistent that Half-Sack be forced to tag along. Despite the club making fun of him, Half-Sack wasn't a bad guy. Of course, he had his moments where he could be a total drama king, but he was also helpful and even supportive.

"Not a problem, Laurel." Half-Sacked followed Laurel towards her car." Are you sure the trip to see Hap's mom and aunt is not too much for you? I mean you are growing not one, but two babies."

"Half-Sack." Laurel looked at him as she stopped at the driver's door." I'm pregnant, not helpless. What's the deal with you, Kozzy, and Happy thinking I'm fragile or that I'm going to just burst into labor by doing some traveling."

"Happy and Kozik threaten bodily harm if something happens to you, Laurel." Half-Sack got on his motorcycle that was parked next to Laurel's car. He put on his helmet and looked at her." I would like to not die. Not only will Kozzy and Hap kill me, but I've also got Gemma and Luann on my ass too."

"Half-Sack." Laurel got into her car getting comfortable. She looked over at the poor prospect. "I promise I'll stop if anything bothers me. Besides, I promised Aunt Flor and Grandma Gloria dinner. So, once we're up there Flor and I will do the shopping."

"You got it boss lady." Half-Sack replied, Laurel pressed the button upon her car to start. She then pulled out, driving to Bakersfield. Luckily Half-Sack managed to keep up driving behind her. The drive itself was beautiful, Laurel enjoyed the cool breeze as they grew closer to the town she grew up in. By late in the afternoon the two had managed to pull into Mama Lowman's home. As Laurel got out of the car, Flor rushed out of the house rushing up to her and embracing her.

"Mija look at you." Flor spoke as she pulled away. "Look at you, you absolutely glow."

"Almost to my due date." Laurel rubbed her belly, she felt a bit achy, her hips hurt. One of the babies is sitting upon her sciatic nerve. "I can't wait for them to be out."

"No doubt." Flor replied." I'll grab my purse and we'll head out to grab the groceries."

"Who's staying with Mama Lowman?" Laurel grew concerned not wanting to leave the older Lowman alone.

"Oh Carmen is." Laurel followed Flor into the house. Laughter filled the air and Laurel sees Carmen and Mama Lowman playing a game of cards.

"Mija!" Gloria spoke with excitement. "I was worried about you making the trip up here."

"Mama Lowman, now you know Happy wouldn't let me go alone." Laurel hugged Gloria." Hey Carmen."

"It's good to see you, Laurel." Carmen made her move in the card game." I heard you and Happy got married and are expecting twins. Congratulations."

"Thank you." Laurel walked over towards Flor." We'll be back. We're going to grab stuff for dinner."