4

Poseidon.
Percy's dad.
As we were doing the annual capture the flag at camp, Poseidon saves Percy by healing him with water and I saw the whole thing in front row.  Now we know our dad's names, but don't truly know them and what that holds for us..

   As Percy takes my hand, I feel so much relief.
He slowly starts getting ready, putting on an orange shirt with a Pegasus on it the says "camp half blood".
The shirt looks faded and just like mine as well as all the other campers. He throws on his grey hoodie and shoots me a smile, indicating he's ready to go.
We walk outside and meet Chiron standing just maybe 100 feet from our cabin.
"Demigods! To help you get more situated here at camp, I'm going to lead you to our camp director."
We follow Chiron closely and don't say a word to each other.
I know Percy is scared, sad, exhausted, and also slightly happy because that's all the same feelings I have right now.
I kick a rock at his shoe.
He glances back and gives a little smile mixed with confused eyebrows.
As we keep walking not even 10 seconds later, he pushes his foot back, swinging a small rock towards my feet.
I laugh loudly. I've missed my brother and his teasing. What's even more funny is he could have fell by doing that "trick" with the rock.
Chiron glances back at us. We quickly look forward and put our hands in our pockets or behind our backs.
As we reach the cabin, it's like we stepped into a world of island paradise. Tropical music is playing, there's straw on the roof of the cabin, and almost no one is around.
Chiron pauses and simply gestures me and Percy in this tropical throw up cabin.
As we step inside, we go through big doors and meet another god.
He's lying back in a swivel chair behind a desk. He's humming the bob Marley song playing, and has plies of papers all over the desk. You couldn't even tell if the desk was brown or another color!
Percy speaks first, "Excuse me? ....Sir?"

"Ah! Peter! I was just wondering when you would come! It took you so long to find me!" He says happily.
"Um okay. And it's Percy, not Peter." Percy says as we exchange confused glances to each other.
"Peter! It's me your dad!"
"It's Percy."
" that's all you say to your old man? Well, suit yourself! Now that you're here you can get me a drink!"
Percy interrupts his speech, "what? A drink?"
"Yes! Just go down that path and into the cabin close by and there will be a fridge, and in that fridge is wine. If you could be a dear and bring it to me, I would appreciate it."
He stops from leaning on the covered desk and back to his lying position. He starts putting on sunglasses from out of nowhere.
Percy looks at me and goes to get ready to leave and get a drink for this crazy haired man.
"Um Percy, do you think this is a good idea to get him a drink? And I don't believe this man is your dad... he's too...
The god cuts me off, "awesome? Cool? Why yes I am, now Peter go get the drink! And you, how are you?"
We both give each other disgusted glares.
"His name is Percy. I'm his sister. Ella."
"Elsa, huh. Don't remember you."
"Ella. Ella Jackson."
" Sweetheart, I can hear names perfectly. If I say your name is Elsa, I'm pretty sure it's Elsa. Capeesh?"
I almost want to pull this man's grey hair from his face. Why does he think a beard would help his appearance?? I like this camp I really do, but this "god" is getting on my nerves.
"Dionysus! I see you met Percy and Ella Jackson! - Percy come back in here! He's trying to just get you to get him a drink. Come now." Chiron says swiftly.
Percy comes back from the rocky path and back by my side.
"As I stated before, Mr Dionysus— is our camp director. And he can't get himself a drink, so he asks new camp members to do it for him." He says as he smiles towards the camp director.
"That man is lying, Peter it's fine!" He says quickly but calmly.
Percy just stands there by me and gives him an angry look.
"Ok fine, you don't have to get your dad a drink.."
"He's not your father ,Percy." Chiron says right after Dionysus shuts his mouth.

Now we get to the part we were dreading. They talk about our mom. But they don't seem affected at all by our situation and why we came to camp. Percy tries sticking up for our mom since all they do is talk about our fathers- Even though our fathers were never there for us. Mom was. As Percy tries to explain this to them, it doesn't seem to make them budge since somewhere in history they never heard the name Sally Jackson.
Just as Percy was talking and I felt like I was slowly sinking in quick sand, Grover comes rushing in.
"Percy! Ella! I know how to get your mom back!" He exclaims.
"Grover! We talked about this! We weren't supposed to say a word!" Chiron said with a totally different tone. He was angry. But, this made Percy even more interested in what Grover had to say.
"I believe your mom is alive and in the underworld! She didn't die like how people die when they get crushed by Minotaurs! She disappeared! I think it was part of something bigger, an -and you can rescue her!"
Grover says this with so much enthusiasm, he's almost jumping up and down.
"Then let's go!" Percy says loudly and grabs my hand.
Before we can leave, Chiron blocks the doorway back to camp.
"No one is leaving camp." He says in a stern voice.
"I'm getting my mom back. And you can't stop me." Percy says bluntly.
I look at him and I almost see red in his eyes. He still grips my hand.

As Percy calms down, Chiron and Dionysus tells Percy about a master bolt that was stolen from the god Zeus. It caused a huge war between the gods and is now a prophecy or quest will happen where a boy will take 2 others and go with him to the underworld and retrieve the bolt and bring it back to Zeus. And interestingly, that's where Grover thinks our mom is. Now it's Percy following through the quest for a dad he doesn't know. And only with 2 other people.
He would choose me right? Me and Grover.. but could I really help him on a quest?
My mind starts spiraling with worrying.

"I know who I want to take with me on the quest. But I'm going to take 3 people. I'm taking Annabeth, Grover and my sister. If you and the gods want me to do this quest, then my sister comes too."
He smiles at me and I smile at him.
I guess a 10 year old from Apollos cabin is going on a quest to the underworld to save her and her brother's mom....