Chapter 5 - burn

Emi’s pov:

Emi: “Okey so what about some Pasta with a classic Marinara sauce?”

Agus: “Sounds good to me…”

Emi: “Alright. You’ll have the honour of cutting the onions while I work on the tomatoes.”

Agus: “Whatever you want, cariño”

Emi: “And he’s doing it again.”

Agus just started laughing.

Emi: “Yeah! Laugh as long as you can!”

And with that he turned silent. Now it was my turn to laugh.

Emi: “Naaaw, that was a joke. No need to cry, sweety."

Agus: “Ha ha! It’s the onions.”

Emi: “Yeah, I’d say that too, if I were you…”

Agus: “Oh whatever. I see you found another nickname though. I quite like it…”

Emi: “Oh don’t flatter yourself. That was… an accident.”

Agus: “Yeah, sure, cariño.”

Emi: “God you really must love this name for me… Can’t you just tell me what it means… please? Pretty please?”

Agus: “I’m sorry. Even though it’s very hard to resist that look on your face but still.”

Emi: “That would be too easy. I know. You tend to repeat yourself.”

Agus: “Well I’m sure you already know what I’m going to ask now, if you know me that well… “

Emi: “I assume you tend to ask me what you can do now. And because I’m so generous I answer you and ask you to start boiling the pasta water.”

Agus: “Of course, your majesty. I’ll go right at it.”

We both started laughing.

Emi: “Oh cooking with you really is a big confidence boost.”

Agus: “Oh come on. I’m not that bad!”

I start laughing even harder while Agus looks kind of offended.

Emi: “I’m just not gonna comment on that… That was not what I meant though.”

Agus: “What did you mean then?”

Emi: “Well, I don’t know, but when I’m with you I don’t have to overthink every sentence because I have to be scared to offend you. You understand my jokes and around you I can be my real self. You probably already figured that my humour is quite… weird. Many people don’t get my jokes and then get offended. It just feels good to just be yourself and still having someone who likes you… Or at least doesn’t dislike you, you know…”

Agus: “Well I like your true self. I would even consider you quite funny. I mean we’ve laughed quite often those 24 hours we know each other…”

Emi: “Stop it, you’re making me blush.”

Agus: “Then it’d be my pleasure to know I have the power to make you blush, princesa.”

Emi: “Princess, really…?”

Agus: “Yep… my princess!”

Emi: “Well, prince charming the water is boiling…”

Agus: “Okay what do I do with it then?”

Emi: “Oh come on, you know how to cook pasta.”

Agus: “…Okey yeah, I do. I just like you showing me…”