Chapter 6: ATAR? GUARDIAN?

"Have me all to yourself?" I responded, my voice quivering with a mix of curiosity and fear.

         "Who are you? What are you? Are you even real, or are you just a creation of my own thoughts?" I added.

         "I am everything you say I am and everything you think I am. I am real, yet I am your thoughts and fears," replied the mysterious entity.

        "What? What does that even mean?" I interjected, my confusion intensifying.

        "Sit down, Malik," he commanded.

        "My name is ATAR, and I've been here since your first breath on this lovely earth, and I'll be here till you catch your last one," he declared.

       "Wait, am I dying?" I exclaimed, panic lacing my words.

      "You could have, but I wouldn't let that happen before you actually meet me," he assured.

      "I have been protecting you this whole time, Malik, watching over you from those who meant harm to you," he added, his words settling like a revelation.

     "You've been meant to be harmed since your first day here, but it's not your fault," he continued his words carrying an unsettling truth.

      "Why... Why would someone want to hurt a newborn? These are just lies. Are you lying to me, ATAR?" I questioned.

      "There is much more evil in this world, Malik, much more than your imagination can fathom," he replied cryptically.

 I sat on the edge of the mountain, contemplating the profound revelations from this mysterious being named ATAR.

       "Well, you said you've been protecting me since I was born. So why did you choose to reveal yourself now? Why not earlier?" I inquired.

      "Do you remember the shadow that always lingers at the corner of your eyes when you're alone? The voices that whisper when you're lost in thought at school or family gatherings? The figure in your dreams during lonely days in the hospital? The voice that soothes you during times of loss, hurt, anger, or stress?" he questioned as if probing my memories.

The realization struck me, and I pondered heavily on the mountain's edge, grappling with the unearthly revelations.

     "How does he know all this? Where does he know all this from? Is this some sort of a demon?" I wondered, my mind desperate to unravel the mysterious sorcery at play.