Prologue

• Trigger warnings •
- Blood and gore
- Main character death
• Sex and sexual activity
- Cult activity
- Extreme violence
- Vomit (non-pregnancy kind)
- Murder
- Loss of loved ones
(This list could be edited in the future!)

─────────ೋღ ⚠️ ღೋ─────────

The daughter of someone non-human. One who was taken by an unknown man one evening. In the darkness of the forest, she found herself surrounded by the man's followers, their eyes glowing with hunger and malice. Reaching a veiny hand out, the stranger grabbed the little girl by the hand. Leading her further into the woods with his followers close behind. "Where's my daddy?" The young girl asked as she trotted alongside the man who had her hand in his firm grasp. "We're going to play a little game, and your daddy will come find you soon," the man said with a chilling smile, his eyes gleaming with drive and determination.

With a smile of fascination, the little one happily oblivious to the man's true intentions. The stranger's followers snickered in the background at their leader's remark which managed to fool such a naivë little girl. After walking for a bit, Lenora finally decided to speak to the stranger and express her exhaustion. "Mister.. I'm sleepy." She whispered while rubbing her eye with her free hand which made one of the members feel slightly bad for this young girl. Deep down, he knew this was wrong but he had to follow his leader no matter the cost.. Right?

"You'll be fine." The cloaked stranger snarled under his breath as he dragged the little Lenora to a large, seemingly abandoned church-like building. It's rotting outer walls with vines that snaked up the sides like python's coiling around their prey. The stone pathway covered in moss and leaves from the trees far overhead. The archway and doors created a beautiful view despite the scary appearance of everything else. "Mister. I don't want to go inside there and I want my daddy." The strange man didn't care what Lenora had to say as he harshly yanked her inside, making her little arm hurt.

"I don't care what you want, you're too important to let run around these woods." The cloaked man hissed as he led her to a large, stone table that was raised a good few feet off the ground. Taking her to the table, he lifted Lenora onto the table and made her lay down. That's when he cuffed her wrists and ankles so he couldn't escape their hold. "Brothers and sisters! I welcome you to this wonderful place! Here we will sacrifice this here child in order to continue our work!" The followers of this man cheered and whistled at the announcement.

That stranger who had taken the little girl took a glass filled with some inky black liquid inside, sipping it down quickly. Once that part was over, the man took a sharp yet intricate looking blade from his cloak and sliced his palm, letting the blood drip down onto the cold, stone floor. This action caused Lenora to start crying as she had never been exposed to such things before and as if on instinct, knew she was going to die by their hands. "I don't wanna die! I want my daddy!" Lenora cried as tears ran down her face, stinging her cheeks.

Rolling his eyes, the cloaked man started muttering some chant under his breath before walking over to the girl with the blade held high. "Your father will not save you, girl. Accept your fate and stop crying." He murmured to her before slitting her throat with the blade. Letting blood pool around Lenora's now deceased body. Staining the stone a deep crimson as her skin went cold and her eyes lost their color. This made the followers cheer all except for one who seemed horrified by the innocent Lenora's death.

She shouldn't have died that way... no one should ever suffer such a brutal fate. Once the initial sacrifice was said and done, the cult cleared out, leaving only one man. Taking off the hood of his cloak, the unknown figure walked carefully up to the girl's left behind body. If he didn't do something soon, they'd throw her body aside like a commodity. Just like everyone else they had sacrificed. "Hey.. I'm Azazel." The man introduced himself but of course Lenora couldn't hear what he had to say.

"I'll find your dad, I promise. I'll bring you to him even if it costs me my life." Azazel promised as he carefully took off his cloak and wrapped it around her frail body. Once wrapped up, the cult member picked the girl up and made it out of the 'church' and into the woods. He knew this would be a long journey but he had to find the father of this little one in order to inform him of what happened. Along with it he could mourn and bury his child. That's what any father would want, right? To say their final goodbyes and that's what Azazel wanted to give to him.

The man hadn't joined the cult on his free will after all. He did it to keep his life but in the end, they had gone too far and now, he was willing to risk it all for Lenora. This little girl didn't deserve any of what happened and the world needed to know that an innocent child's life had been taken on this very day. For what? A sacrifice to some demon that probably didn't exist? Azazel had enough as it was time for him to take matters into his own hands. The tricky part about this was actually finding her father but a starting point was going back to where they found Lenora.

Maybe tracks could be found from where she had come from or the sound of voices in the distance could give clues. Or so he hoped as he trekked on through the woods, hoping to at least some sign of where she had come from. Around twenty minutes later, Azazel stumbled upon something he had least expected... a towering castle hidden deep in the woods loomed before him. Was this really where Lenora had come from? If so, he had to go knock on the door. Despite his shakiness, the cult member managed to make it to the wooden doors that bound whatever be inside the palace.

Knocking with the metal ring on the door, Azazel stepped back while still carrying the poor girl. Yet her face was hidden in the cloak along with most of her body. After a few minutes, a tall man with long black hair opened the door. "What is it? I'm not expecting anyone." The strange man scowled as he eyed the body which was wrapped up. His heart sank as he felt like this was something he should be concerned about. "Sir? Have you been looking for a daughter?" The cult member asked with a shaky voice which showed his fear of the man before him.

"Yes-? Is that my daughter? Please tell me she is just asleep." His voice sounded almost frantic as Azazel hesitated before shaking his head. The moment he saw the cult member shake his head, his heart shattered. Behind his heartbreak, anger started to boil as he gripped onto Azazel's shoulder roughly. "Who did this? Answer me!" Snarled the unknown stranger which made the member flinch. "I-it was the cult nearby.. I knew I had to bring her back to you.. I'm sorry sir... your daughter is dead."

Hello everyone! Might as well introduce myself while I'm at it! I'm Kip! Also know as Skipper or Skip and I'm a 19 year old author! We are a DID system! Just to let you all know- I've been working on perfecting this story since the age of 18 and hoping this will take off. This book is very important to me and I hope you all enjoy it! Take care now!