Chapter 11: By Your Side (I'm Okay)

Days had passed of him and I together. He was always by my side when I needed him, and we'd managed to get over the awkwardness of him... kissing me. But I was beginning to notice things that, otherwise wouldn't bother me. The more I thought about them, when I was alone or in a quiet room, the more occurrent it appeared of how I was feeling.

Whenever the darker-haired YouTuber had accidentally-- or purposely-- brushed against me in any way, shape or form, I would feel masses of electric-like jolts run up through from the point of which he'd touched me that made me feel all fuzzy inside. Not only that, but without my own control, my cheeks would go a deep red and I'd lose all control of my mentality.

This had to stop. I was here for my girlfriend, not to fawn over my best friend, as cute as he could be.

After that, I texted her, restless, asking her over and over where she was, and if she was okay. She always said she was okay, but now they were going to make him pay ransom to get her back. $10,000 US dollars.

Of course, I didn't have that kind of money, and I wouldn't dare to ask Mark for such a large amount.

I'd found myself sitting there, rubbing my temples, upset and feeling alone, when a hand rested on my back. I turned my gaze to it, and then slowly let my eyes trail up the man it belonged to.

I smiled a fake smile, weak and impure. The raven-haired man frowned, looking down at my sternly.

"Jack, I'm here for you."

"Mark, I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" By now, he had leaned down to my ear, hot breath lingering on my neck.

"P-positive," I stuttered. There was a moment silence, then Mark came and sat next to me.

I don't know why, but it was suddenly so awkward between us. So awkward in a cute and heart-filling way, like I always felt content around him, despite the fact that my shoulders would tense and I found it harder to look into his eyes.

That being said, it also made it hard to record co-op games, because occasionally he would make an innuendo and we'd both be left rubbing our necks and rolling in awkward tension.

But, there was one particular night that I could never forget. One time that a beautiful side of Mark came to light like never before, and showed me a whole new level of admiration for this man. The night it all went down.

It started out incredibly normal. I woke up in a daze, restless from the nightmares that conveyed my sleep until moonlight's end. I got up, leaving the other YouTuber to laze around for however much longer he pleased. After making myself a coffee, he joined me, the awkwardly wonderful tension kept my stomach alive with life, like millions of butterflies unsettling.

I knew it was wrong. I knew I was here for my girlfriend. I'd run that through my head enough times now to remember it. Yet, whenever the handsome boy even looked in my direction, it would brighten my thoughts, and it felt so right. He was the calmness after the storm to me.

We then got chatty about the things we would play, like Bloody Trapland, Skate 3, ARK; anything that we knew would be fun to play, and even more fun to rewatch.

When we were settled down, Mark started recording, and we did our intros at the same time.My fans noticed my dull expressions though, every once in a while, but Markiplier had already explained what was going on, on my behalf, so my fans knew that I had rights to be down.

"Agh! Jack, no! You go over the shark, not run into it!" Mark screamed, shoving me forcefully while he groaned at my gameplay on the screen.

"I FUCKIN' KNOW, MARK," I laughed, yelling over-the-top as always, "I'VE PLAYED THE FUCKIN' GAME BEFORE, YA LUNATIC!"