0.5

- L -

Another day alone
Another night

As soon as the boy closed his eyes and sung the first line I was hooked.

His voice was deep and raspy and beautiful.

Another knife
I guess I'm on my own

I knew when I was reading the lyrics that they were beautiful and now hearing them my breath was taken from me.

The lights are on my eyes are closed
And no one understands
The Dark I'm dealing with
And all the people in my life
Are way too blind to see the vice

I knew the words held meaning to him. I could tell what the song was about from the words he chose to use and if that was an insight to his life I wanted to know more, to help him.

I listened to the rest of the song in ore of Harry. His voice was beautiful and the song was exquisitely written.

If Harry was a musician he would have a number 1 album and sell out stadiums easily!

I won't starve my self of the dark
Listen to me scream and shout
But do not say a word

He finished the song, reopened his eyes and I started to clap. In

"Harry, that was incredible!" I stood up and walked over to where he was sat on the desk.

"It wasn't my best song or anything but I guess it was okay." He looked down sluggish as if he was disappointed with his performance.

"You shouldn't put yourself down like that. Your a lot better than you think you are." I placed my had on his shoulder and he looked up at me with a confused look as if the smallest sign of affection was foreign to him.

- H -

I felt like I was about to cry.

My dad used to tell me those exact words anytime I doubted myself and hearing them again was in a way comforting but at the same time made me miss him even more.

I sunk my head down so Mr Tomlinson didn't see my watery eyes but he obviously knew something was up.

"A lot has happened to you hasn't it Harry." I didn't need another teacher treading on eggshells around me so I shook my head and wiped my eyes.

"No. Nothing's has happened to me. I'm just the same as everyone else in the school." I looked him in the eye and told him. My voice was shaking but he took the answer anyway. "I don't need to talk about anything, I don't need to see the school councillor and I know that I can speak to you and any other teacher about anything. I know."

"Let me take you home." He offered.

"No. I can walk." I snapped accidentally then walked out with my bag over my shoulder.

I took a slow walk home but when I arrived at the house I had known for my whole life I saw Gemma packing her things into some random car.

"What's going on!?" I asked panicked.

She had been missing for a few days but that was normal but she had never taken much more than a bag with her. That's what worried me.

"The house is being repossessed. Your things are over there." She motioned to the two boxes by the door.

"What? Why!" Tears filled my eyes for the seconds time this hour.

"I didn't pay the bills. This hair dye isn't cheap you know!" She motioned to her blue ombré hair.

"Where am I going to go! Mum would have wanted us to stay together!" I cried. Tears flooded my face because of her coolness towards me.

"MUM ISN'T HERE ANYMORE! SHE WANTED SHIT TO HAPPEN BUT IT DOESN'T WORK OUT THAT WAY." She yelled at me then put the last box in her car before getting in. "Goodbye Harry." She mumbled cooly before driving off, without her seatbelt on may I add.

What do I do now? No one trains you or teaches you for this sort of situation. I don't exactly have a mum or dad to run to for help or any family and have no hope with friends. I had only just met Sophia so I couldn't just dump myself on her and her family.

I had no clue where to go or what I could do. I walked over to the door where my boxes were. I opened my bag and tipped out the things I didn't need out, before putting a few pairs of clothes and a few of my belongings in. I put the rest in one box and taped it up with some tape that was in the other box.

I put my backpack back on my back and then put the other box under my arm and started to walk.

My bag hurt my back as it was so heavy but I couldn't leave my things on the side of the road.

I walked and walked and walked for about an hour. I wanted to walk until I was in a completely different place but I knew I wouldn't be able to do that before night fall.

I found myself near the centre of town. I looked around and no one, but the single homeless person who was always seen around town, was here.

I didn't was to demote myself to this but I knew I was now in the same position as him.

I slowly slumped down against the shop window that I was next to. I guess this was my home for the night. I sighed and took the bag off my back and used it as a pillow.

I wrapped my arm around the strap incase someone tried to steal it and put my head down.

I looked up to the sky and noticed it was a clear night. I saw the stars and though of my mum.

I'm sorry it's come to this mum.. I didn't want it to, I hoped me and Gem would stick together forever.

I guess I wasn't a good little brother.

I miss you mummy..

I love you mummy..

===

Did that make you sad? 😔 it did with me 😢

===